Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
I can see it being clothes shops, pubs, restaurants etc. We shall see. I can see the logic, if it means that the transmission rate and the death rate slows down. The reality is that people will just have to lump it, what are the government supposed to do in this situation? first time around was a ****ing shambles, and most people were cursing the state for almost allowing people to die of this virus, we can't have it both ways. I can understand peoples frustrations and anxieties, and it must be an absolute disaster for youngsters. What i don't understand is some of the spoilt entitled behaviour of those of a certain age who should really know better. The way some people have carried on is akin to being banged up in the solitary unit in Belmarsh. It is shit, but we're not slumming it. Just adapt and use the imagiation.
What we had in March, April and May wasn't great, but it hardly qualified as a full lockdown when you compare it with what people in other countries were asked to do. The generation I belong to (often called the babyboomers) have never known the sort of hardship that previous generations of our families had to deal with and I'm afraid that "entitled" is exactly the right word to describe the selfish attitude of some when it comes to the personal sacrifices we've all been asked to make in recent months.