+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will football stop when we go into full lockdown again?

Will football stop when we go into full lockdown again?

I'd imagine it would have too?

Re: Will football stop when we go into full lockdown again?

What full lockdown?

Yes.

Next Friday when kids finish school. 2 weeks lockdown from midnight

I don't think it will mean no football.

I think professional teams will continue because they tested.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Next Friday when kids finish school. 2 weeks lockdown from midnight
    Yep hearing the same , there goes another load of business and jobs .

Elite sports should be able to carry on. I would have thought

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yep hearing the same , there goes another load of business and jobs .
    Pubs, restaurants, hairdressers will be closed.

They have changed the name to Circuit Break Lockdown as per the tweet below.

Can I go fishing ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Can I go fishing ?
    Only if you stay 2 metres away from the fish, and you, and the fish, have tested negative for the virusAnd you don't enter their home, so no waders.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Only if you stay 2 metres away from the fish, and you, and the fish, have tested negative for the virusAnd you don't enter their home, so no waders.
    I am fecked

So we shut down for two weeks, get bored, but the infection rate drops slightly.
    Then they re-open things, and we can all go out again, and the rates go back up.
    I fail to see the point of this.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    So we shut down for two weeks, get bored, but the infection rate drops slightly.
    Then they re-open things, and we can all go out again, and the rates go back up.
    Politician's Logic: We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this.

International

What bout all athe people who live in England, are not in lockdown and work in Wales? Anf those that live in Wales and woerk in England in "non essential" jobs? Will they be prohibited from going to work, and who will compensate them?
    The whole thing is a joke, and I believe it is purely politically motivated. There is no point in a lock down if England isn't doing it. It is unenforceable. And Mr Drakeford knows that It will severely damage the welsh economy both in the short and long term and he knows that too, but it is not of as much interest to him as appearing to be different to the UK Government.
    And of course if it's lifted after 17 days no one later will be able to tell if it had any affect or not.
    Ir reminds me of the first world war when the ammunition factories were missing their quotas and when asked why the owners said it was because the workers went to the pub at lunchtime and after didn't work properly. The government brought in 'temporary' pub closing times that lasted 80 years and the production still went down because the problem wasn't the pubs it was bad management.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What bout all athe people who live in England, are not in lockdown and work in Wales? Anf those that live in Wales and woerk in England in "non essential" jobs? Will they be prohibited from going to work, and who will compensate them?
    The whole thing is a joke, and I believe it is purely politically motivated. There is no point in a lock down if England isn't doing it. It is unenforceable. And Mr Drakeford knows that It will severely damage the welsh economy both in the short and long term and he knows that too, but it is not of as much interest to him as appearing to be different to the UK Government.
    And of course if it's lifted after 17 days no one later will be able to tell if it had any affect or not.
    Ir reminds me of the first world war when the ammunition factories were missing their quotas and when asked why the owners said it was because the workers went to the pub at lunchtime and after didn't work properly. The government brought in 'temporary' pub closing times that lasted 80 years and the production still went down because the problem wasn't the pubs it was bad management.
    People aren't going to be stopped going to work, if there is a lockdown of the proportions that we saw initially then i'll come on here and personally apologise to you. It looks to me that places where the chances of passing the virus on are considerably higher will have to shut down for a bit. There's a lot of protection in place now (for workers) that wasn't before. In simple terms, we may have to do this in order to stop a few hundred people needlessly dying. It may happen a few more times as well.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    People aren't going to be stopped going to work, if there is a lockdown of the proportions that we saw initially then i'll come on here and personally apologise to you. It looks to me that places where the chances of passing the virus on are considerably higher will have to shut down for a bit. There's a lot of protection in place now (for workers) that wasn't before. In simple terms, we may have to do this in order to stop a few hundred people needlessly dying. It may happen a few more times as well.
    I hope you're right but they are talking about non-essential closing, like department stores, shops factories not making essentials, it is either lockdown or it's not. If it isn't total there is no point, and if it is it will be so very harmful long term.

I hope you're right but they are talking about non-essential closing, like department stores, shops factories not making essentials, it is either lockdown or it's not. If it isn't total there is no point, and if it is it will be so very harmful long term.
    I can see it being clothes shops, pubs, restaurants etc. We shall see. I can see the logic, if it means that the transmission rate and the death rate slows down. The reality is that people will just have to lump it, what are the government supposed to do in this situation? first time around was a ****ing shambles, and most people were cursing the state for almost allowing people to die of this virus, we can't have it both ways. I can understand peoples frustrations and anxieties, and it must be an absolute disaster for youngsters. What i don't understand is some of the spoilt entitled behaviour of those of a certain age who should really know better. The way some people have carried on is akin to being banged up in the solitary unit in Belmarsh. It is shit, but we're not slumming it. Just adapt and use the imagiation.

I can see it being clothes shops, pubs, restaurants etc. We shall see. I can see the logic, if it means that the transmission rate and the death rate slows down. The reality is that people will just have to lump it, what are the government supposed to do in this situation? first time around was a ****ing shambles, and most people were cursing the state for almost allowing people to die of this virus, we can't have it both ways. I can understand peoples frustrations and anxieties, and it must be an absolute disaster for youngsters. What i don't understand is some of the spoilt entitled behaviour of those of a certain age who should really know better. The way some people have carried on is akin to being banged up in the solitary unit in Belmarsh. It is shit, but we're not slumming it. Just adapt and use the imagiation.
    Great Post!

International

But who will pay the people who cannt work?

Behaviour of certain people running this Country hasn’t helped at all. One rule for some and another for the rest of us. That’s been a big negative in this pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Behaviour of certain people running this Country hasn’t helped at all. One rule for some and another for the rest of us. That’s been a big negative in this pandemic.
    That's always been the case. I agree, it hasn't helped. I'm talking about Welsh Labour, i really don't know what people expect them to do at the moment. I'd say the same whoever was in power.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Politician's Logic: We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this.
    Opposition Logic

We must do something. But not their something. This is our something. Therefore we must do this

( True of all oppositions for the last countless number of years!!)

Its much easier than enforcing the existing rules .

We lockdown virus hides for a week or two.

Folk then won't go back to work or school.

We creep back slowly .

We open up slowly.

Positive rise

Around and around we go until we have millions unemployed, folk poorer , dying or suffering from other ailments ,5hiscwil, hurt Wales and it doesn't have too .

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I thought the main aim of lockdown was to stop the spread slightly to prevent hospitals getting overwhelmed. If the amount of people that need intensive care goes through the roof then the death toll will be bad.

Hopefully football resumes.