+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will football stop when we go into full lockdown again?

Re: Will football stop when we go into full lockdown again?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I can see it being clothes shops, pubs, restaurants etc. We shall see. I can see the logic, if it means that the transmission rate and the death rate slows down. The reality is that people will just have to lump it, what are the government supposed to do in this situation? first time around was a ****ing shambles, and most people were cursing the state for almost allowing people to die of this virus, we can't have it both ways. I can understand peoples frustrations and anxieties, and it must be an absolute disaster for youngsters. What i don't understand is some of the spoilt entitled behaviour of those of a certain age who should really know better. The way some people have carried on is akin to being banged up in the solitary unit in Belmarsh. It is shit, but we're not slumming it. Just adapt and use the imagiation.
    What we had in March, April and May wasn't great, but it hardly qualified as a full lockdown when you compare it with what people in other countries were asked to do. The generation I belong to (often called the babyboomers) have never known the sort of hardship that previous generations of our families had to deal with and I'm afraid that "entitled" is exactly the right word to describe the selfish attitude of some when it comes to the personal sacrifices we've all been asked to make in recent months.

Mark Drakeford has confirmed that professional football and rugby will continue during the coming "fire break".

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am fecked
    YOU've just got time to go out and buy some fish from the market, put them in the bath and fish away all day. I feel for you, have done a bit of fly fishing myself, know how good it is.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    So we shut down for two weeks, get bored, but the infection rate drops slightly.
    Then they re-open things, and we can all go out again, and the rates go back up.
    I fail to see the point of this.
    The infection rate would drop a fair bit in that time and give the hospitals a breather. I can see this happening every so often in the months ahead until there is a vaccine.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The infection rate would drop a fair bit in that time and give the hospitals a breather. I can see this happening every so often in the months ahead until there is a vaccine.
    ~But others on here saying the hospitals are not overrun or near it, with links.
    So who do you or I believe?
    Personally I don't trust any of them, they give me no confidence at all, and if a lot of people think the same way that is a recipe for a bad result whatever they do.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I'd imagine it would have too?
    No.

Professional Sports not affected due to regular continuous testing in place for squads, management and media.

Schools will be open as 'normal' after half term as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mark Drakeford has confirmed that professional football and rugby will continue during the coming "fire break".
    so 30-40 men can drip sweat and saliva over each other (as long as they are paid) but groups of 2 - 3 cant play golf, in the Open , where contact within 2 metres is rare, at least with my group it is.
    Last edited by Philbccfc; 19-10-20 at 17:41. Reason: bad spelling???

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    so 30-40 men can drip sweat and saliva over each other (as long as they are paid) but groups of 2 - 3 cant play golf, in the Open , where contact within 2 metres is rare, at least with my group it is.
    Two quick points:

1) You and your mates are not professional golfers.

2) Absolutely nobody wants to watch you and your mates play golf.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Two quick points:

1) You and your mates are not professional golfers.

2) Absolutely nobody wants to watch you and your mates play golf.
    Harsh, but it seems you have missed the most important point that sportsman are not immune from this virus, professional or not.

Harsh, but it seems you have missed the most important point that sportsman are not immune from this virus, professional or not.
    The most important point is that professional sportsmen are subject to intensive screening, testing and controls within the environments they play, while amateur golfers aren't.

If it was up to me, you and your mates could play golf to your heart's content. However, I think any comparison with professional sport is a bit daft under the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Opposition Logic

We must do something. But not their something. This is our something. Therefore we must do this

( True of all oppositions for the last countless number of years!!)
    Anything has to be better than the shambles of Westminster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    YOU've just got time to go out and buy some fish from the market, put them in the bath and fish away all day. I feel for you, have done a bit of fly fishing myself, know how good it is.
    Fly Fishing has to be the safest self isolation sport on the planet, Dripford is mad,free the fly 's ,I hear you shout .

Indeed they are screened, but they can still pass it on before being detected. there are a number of high profile sportsmen/women with the virus, how many people were they in contact with before a positive test.

Indeed they are screened, but they can still pass it on before being detected. there are a number of high profile sportsmen/women with the virus, how many people were they in contact with before a positive test.
    At a guess: not many. It's daily testing isn't it? At least that is what I've taken from players who have said that they were clean yesterday, the day before, but tested positive today etc. Even if there is a bit of a lag, their exposure will be significantly reduced vs the rest of us. So my guess is that if/when they find out that they have it, they will do so a lot sooner than the general population would.