+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flint and Pato

Flint and Pato

Yesterday’s ratings.

Callum Paterson 7

Excellent showing from the big man. Led the line well and could have scored in the first period with a glancing header. Won the penalty after Adam Clayton clumsily brought him down.

Aden Flint 8

Solid as a rock on debut. It is clear Flint is an organiser and a leader. Won his fair share in the air and took no risks in possession. Already looks a very shrewd addition.

Re: Flint and Pato

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Yesterday’s ratings.

Callum Paterson 7

Excellent showing from the big man. Led the line well and could have scored in the first period with a glancing header. Won the penalty after falling over his bootlaces

Aden Flint 8

Solid as a rock on debut. It is clear Flint is an organiser and a leader. Won his fair share in the air and took no risks in possession. Already looks a very shrewd addition.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Yesterday’s ratings.

Callum Paterson 7

Excellent showing from the big man. Led the line well and could have scored in the first period with a glancing header. Won the penalty after Adam Clayton clumsily brought him down.

Aden Flint 8

Good. If Flint continues to do well, maybe they'll sign him permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Good. If Flint continues to do well, maybe they'll sign him permanently.
    That is exactly what I thought!

Cardiff City Wednesday side

They are easily pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Cardiff City Wednesday side
    Indeed. They are now my third side after Charlton Cardiff city.

They're both good players at this level - just not the players we needed right now.

Flint is a decent player at Championship level.

People seem to forget all the errors Morrison has made over the years and the stick he had but, because of Flint's price tag, he is deemed as useless!

In the event of Morrison being injured or suspended, I would much rather have Flint in there than Bamba.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post

People seem to forget all the errors Morrison has made over the years and the stick he had but, because of Flint's price tag, he is deemed as useless!

In the event of Morrison being injured or suspended, I would much rather have Flint in there than Bamba.
    Agree that Flint is a proven player at Championship level but unfortunately he couldn’t play with Morrison as they are too similar, another cock up by Warnock? Surprised that he didn’t come in for some of his star signings, obviously realised that most of them were crap!

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post

Yes. Bamba's cameos since returning from injury fill me with no confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes. Bamba's cameos since returning from injury fill me with no confidence.
    Trouble is we couldn't move Bamba on because he's 35 already, and I expect on a large wage.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...boost-17419853

He signed a contract extension with us in December for an extra year, so we can't blame Warnock for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Trouble is we couldn't move Bamba on because he's 35 already, and I expect on a large wage.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...boost-17419853

He signed a contract extension with us in December for an extra year, so we can't blame Warnock for that one.
    The article says that he signed the contract extension during the summer of 2019, but it wasn't announced by the club at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The article says that he signed the contract extension during the summer of 2019, but it wasn't announced by the club at the time.
    You're right, so we can blame Warnock for that.

That'll teach me not to read the full articles

Also seems that we gave him a new contract while he was out recovering from an ACL injury.

Which I guess is a nice thing for an employer to do, but makes even less sense from the club's pint of view

They're both good players at this level - just not the players we needed right now.

Spot on.

Flint can look great in certain games and against certain types of teams. We simply have better players.

Pato who isn't going to be impressed at his work rate, especially at that end of the table. Over time tho is becomes clear we need better to progress.

The penalty Paterson "won" for Sheffield Wednesday would never have been given had the same situation occurred when he played for us.

Vs Brentford

Aden Flint 6

Powerless to stop Brentford's front three from running riot in the first period. Won his fair share in the air in both boxes and made a numerous clearances.

Kadeem Harris 6

Provided the assist for Paterson's goal with an outstanding cross from near the byline and showed plenty of discipline with his defensive duties.

Callum Paterson 7

Opened his Owls account with a textbook header after a superb Harris delivery. Pressed well from the front and never gave Brentford's centre-halves a moment's peace.