+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murphy

Murphy

Failure to bring him on for final 20 is going to hinder both him and us. And the less he plays the less likely we’re going to be able to sell him.

Running at tired legs he’ll get his confidence back. He’s not a bad player but currently it just hasn’t worked out for him.

I’m not sure if there’s anything going on behind the scenes and he has shown laziness in the past but if we’ve only got him as backup and we can’t sell him, we’ve got to make effort to fold him back into the team.

I can see why he wasn’t brought on today because of Cunningham but with the fixtures coming up it’s really going to bite us in the arse if he’s not up to speed now NML has gone.

Re: Murphy

Im sure he will get game time soon.

Made sense to bring on Vaulks to me, try and close down the game.

I know Ojo scored, but I haven’t seen much else to suggest he’s better than Murphy

Murphy could have come on for Hoillet, who did very little all game. Pack was our best player in the first half, but went off the boil a bit in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Murphy could have come on for Hoillet, who did very little all game. Pack was our best player in the first half, but went off the boil a bit in the second.
    It seems the way with pack, starts brightly enough, but not much left in the tank second-half.

I thought Morrison was our best player throughout the game with Osei Tutu and Nelson both candidates forMan of the Match and that rather tells a story - Pack was good in the first half an hour, but his second half fade out mirrored the teams as, one devastating counter attack aside, all we did in the second half was defend.

Nice to see we had a great away win and our fans still find something to moan about

We needed Hoilett on the pitch to help out Bacuna at left-back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Nice to see we had a great away win and our fans still find something to moan about
    You say moan, I and others will say being objective. Sorry for that.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Failure to bring him on for final 20 is going to hinder both him and us. And the less he plays the less likely we’re going to be able to sell him.

Running at tired legs he’ll get his confidence back. He’s not a bad player but currently it just hasn’t worked out for him.

I’m not sure if there’s anything going on behind the scenes and he has shown laziness in the past but if we’ve only got him as backup and we can’t sell him, we’ve got to make effort to fold him back into the team.

I can see why he wasn’t brought on today because of Cunningham but with the fixtures coming up it’s really going to bite us in the arse if he’s not up to speed now NML has gone.
    Agree entirely. He needs a run of 4-5 games to bring him back into the squad. Hoilett does very little

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You say moan, I and others will say being objective. Sorry for that.
    Murphy doesn't defend and we had a left back that can't play left back! It would not have been a good idea to bring Murphy one when we were holding on.

I'm not sure he should have come on today. But Harris needs to find a way to get him into the team and starting. He's a good footballer. A decent manager should know how to get the best out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We needed Hoilett on the pitch to help out Bacuna at left-back.
    Without a doubt.

The win was great but we have to look beyond the next game with the fixture pile up

The win was great but we have to look beyond the next game with the fixture pile up
    I'm not sure Murphy running back and covering for Bacuna would have done much good, especially when he inevitably switched off.

Murphy doesn't defend and we had a left back that can't play left back! It would not have been a good idea to bring Murphy one when we were holding on.
    Murphy should be used as a second striker in my opinion

Murphy should be used as a second striker in my opinion
    So we're holding onto a game, they're lumping balls into the box and we go 4-4-2?

Our entire left flank was a liability as soon as Cunningham went off injured. No fan of Hoillett (who I think has become quite a selfish player) these days but he defends and covers better than Murphy ever has/could. A great away win and fantastic strike by Ojo but a seriously drab football match and it's better looking at the table than any highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Our entire left flank was a liability as soon as Cunningham went off injured. No fan of Hoillett (who I think has become quite a selfish player) these days but he defends and covers better than Murphy ever has/could. A great away win and fantastic strike by Ojo but a seriously drab football match and it's better looking at the table than any highlights.
    You summed it up nicely. Particularly about Hoilett becoming a selfish player, he simply refuses to lay off the simple pass and ends up going down 'blind-alleys' too often, inevitbaly conceding possession.

Nobody knows exactly why Murphy is not getting on the pitch but my guess is that Harris sees it the way I have always said about him.
    He doesn't work hard enough, period.

I also happen to think he's a one trick pony, kick it past a man and run.

The way we function as a unit, he will struggle to be first choice, unless injury dictates of course.

I'd love to be proved wrong mind

Unbelievable isn’t it. Swear we were Liverpool playing in the championship.

Since Neil Harris took charge of us we have the best away record in all 4 divisions. What say we allow him to see out an away game when we are leading as he sees fit eh? Seems to have worked so far and yet again today.

Absolutely no reason to bring on Murphy when we are 1-0 up. Defending is not his strong point.

Thought Moore worked had

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Thought Moore worked had
    Good player