+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Murphy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Murphy

Our entire left flank was a liability as soon as Cunningham went off injured. No fan of Hoillett (who I think has become quite a selfish player) these days but he defends and covers better than Murphy ever has/could. A great away win and fantastic strike by Ojo but a seriously drab football match and it's better looking at the table than any highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Our entire left flank was a liability as soon as Cunningham went off injured. No fan of Hoillett (who I think has become quite a selfish player) these days but he defends and covers better than Murphy ever has/could. A great away win and fantastic strike by Ojo but a seriously drab football match and it's better looking at the table than any highlights.
    You summed it up nicely. Particularly about Hoilett becoming a selfish player, he simply refuses to lay off the simple pass and ends up going down 'blind-alleys' too often, inevitbaly conceding possession.

Nobody knows exactly why Murphy is not getting on the pitch but my guess is that Harris sees it the way I have always said about him.
    He doesn't work hard enough, period.

I also happen to think he's a one trick pony, kick it past a man and run.

The way we function as a unit, he will struggle to be first choice, unless injury dictates of course.

I'd love to be proved wrong mind