+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Political post.. @Yescymru

Feedback

Re: Political post.. @Yescymru

[QUOTE=Rjk;5128731]
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post

I'd agree that the current system in Cardiff or Westmister doesn't lend itself to effective government. It just leads to petty squabbling, playing to the crowd etc.

Personally I'd like to see a system brought in where yes there is scrutiny, but MPs/AMs are encouraged to collaborate. Can you imagine trying to run a business the way the country is run, when no matter what you say, half the board room have to agree and cheer it rapturously and the other half have to disagree and boo loudly?

Also currently MPs are only incentivised to get reelected in 5 years, nothing else matters. I think they should be aiming to get some kind of long term financial rewards based on the long term impact of their policies.

It would be easier to shake up the senydd than Westminster, and I think Wales could grasp the opportunity to reform the way politics works here which could give it a genuine advantage
    I don't disagree with any of this, although I do admire your optimism in believing Welsh Labour AMs would vote to change what is clearly a gravy train where they get paid for delivering very little if anything at all. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    I dont see people moving to Birmingham, just because they can get to London 15 minutes quicker than they can now!
    I think they might. I commuted to London very frequently and saw the same people regularly. Having said that the case for HS2 is getting weaker with the number of people working at home and holding meetings likely to increase when this virus episode is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    The best thing about this thread is that its now at 8 pages.

Welsh independence needs to be talked about all the time, in mainstream media, social media, in the pub etc. There's rights and wrongs in both arguments but the only chance it'll happen is through it becoming part of every day conversation.
    That's exactly why I started the thread.

It's one of the most important questions and debates for Wales in the modern era.

And as you can see from this thread, people have strong and astute opinions, on both sides of the argument, and these conversations need to continue and be mainstreamed in Wales.

Unlike the Brexit debate, this thread has already shown that people care desperately and want a proper debate, not just soundbites, slogans and bullshit like the brexit debacle.

I'm loving reading the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    That's exactly why I started the thread.

It's one of the most important questions and debates for Wales in the modern era.

And as you can see from this thread, people have strong and astute opinions, on both sides of the argument, and these conversations need to continue and be mainstreamed in Wales.

Unlike the Brexit debate, this thread has already shown that people care desperately and want a proper debate, not just soundbites, slogans and bullshit like the brexit debacle.

I'm loving reading the thread.
    I'm enjoying reading this thread, it's stayed on point the entire way through.

I would be really interested in doing a poll along the lines of 'would you vote for independence if there was a poll tomorrow' on the main board. I'm sure it would be generally be moved to the politics board but I would love to see a general consensus. Not sure if it is something that we could do? The tide seems to have definitely turned in the past 6 months with Brexit and Covid, there is a strong points to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    I'm enjoying reading this thread, it's stayed on point the entire way through.

I would be really interested in doing a poll along the lines of 'would you vote for independence if there was a poll tomorrow' on the main board. I'm sure it would be generally be moved to the politics board but I would love to see a general consensus. Not sure if it is something that we could do? The tide seems to have definitely turned in the past 6 months with Brexit and Covid, there is a strong points to be made.
    It's good that this thread wasn't transferred to the Politics board. There it would have died a very quick death.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

If independence happens then the League of Wales may be boosted by 4 more teams.

Are ‘Yes Cymru’ advocating the burning of holiday homes?

If so, we can resurrect the terrace ditty sang in the 80s although with us all being more politically correct and touchy, freely, sensitive we need to change some of the lyrics.

decent of the board to already have a smiley for the future campaign too.

YesCymru memberships over 12,000 now.... incredibly up over 3000 in the past 48-72 hours!

The chancellor extending the furlough scheme for Boris after telling the Welsh Gov that it wasn't possible for technical reasons has really annoyed people.

YesCymru memberships over 12,000 now.... incredibly up over 3000 in the past 48-72 hours!

The chancellor extending the furlough scheme for Boris after telling the Welsh Gov that it wasn't possible for technical reasons has really annoyed people.
    Let's speculate for a moment and imagine there was Welsh independence. Do the Yes Cymru supporters imagine in their wildest dreams that there would be a furlough scheme introduced by a Welsh Government? They simply wouldn't have the borrowing powers or the money to cope with a pandemic.

Of course Welsh people were annoyed that there couldn't be a Welsh only furlough scheme but they would be even more annoyed if English workers were getting 80% of their wages paid while Welsh workers would get less, or more likely nothing.

Agree with this.

A few years ago I wouldn't have entertained it but with Rail Electrification, Tidal Power, Air Passenger Duty, Furlough scheme and proposed internal market bill decisions all made in Westminster to the detriment of Wales I would vote for independence. We could focus on Green and Medical technology to increase our wealth whilst focusing on the abundance on Natural Renewable Resources (of which England gets access to very cheaply).

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Just seeing what appetite there is on this board for moving towards full independence.

I think the ineptness of the Tories, the arogance & corruption of Westminster and the London-centric / English biased media (including the left-wing media), has made it easier to believe we would be better off on our own.

I'm under no illusions that it will be difficult and we have a long way to go, but has anyone else shifted towards independence recently?
    No. The Welsh Assembly couldn't manage a fart in a spacesuit

Great, thats almost 0.004% of the population are members now. They really are making a big statement and I bet the Government are quaking in their boots.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Great, thats almost 0.004% of the population are members now. They really are making a big statement and I bet the Government are quaking in their boots.
    13,000 now.

Of the 50+ countries that have opted out of Westiminster control, how many have asked to return?

Those lot couldn't give a shit whether there were 13000 or 130000 members.

Problem is when the non members keep doffing the cap to Westminster and are happy to live off scraps then what can you do.

Encourage more to join and keep the conversation happening.

Whereas Westminster would pay a party donor or political friend very handsomely to promise that they'd fart in a spacesuit, only for that fart to not be forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by superflyblues View Post
    Of the 50+ countries that have opted out of Westiminster control, how many have asked to return?
    49?

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    I dont really know the ins and outs of it to be honest, think we were comparing UK to Wales.
    However what if we lower it by 0.01% lower than Ireland everytime they lower theirs?
    Would have to be a sizeable undercut to make them move from Ireland at the moment.