+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Political post.. @Yescymru

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback

Re: Political post.. @Yescymru

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That's a pretty decent membership for a group like Yes Cymru, considering the low levels of political participation in the UK. For instance only about 0.2% of the population are members of the Conservative Party so to have 0.3% for a relatively new group about a traditionally fringe movement is pretty good going
    the Tories have donations measured in millions, I'd be surprised if YesCymru had donations measured in thousands.

When you look at the Welsh results, the Tories polled better than Plaid Cymru at the last election. That says all you need to know about where the Welsh see their future. Around 10% vote for Plaid, and its not getting any higher than that.

Leaving the union would be economic suicide, as we have nothing much to offer the English in terms of trade.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    the Tories have donations measured in millions, I'd be surprised if YesCymru had donations measured in thousands.

When you look at the Welsh results, the Tories polled better than Plaid Cymru at the last election. That says all you need to know about where the Welsh see their future. Around 10% vote for Plaid, and its not getting any higher than that.

Leaving the union would be economic suicide, as we have nothing much to offer the English in terms of trade.
    All I'm saying is that it's a good level of membership, its not the round dismissal of independence you think it is. The most recent Welsh independence poll showed 32% of the country would vote for independence if a vote was held tomorrow. https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nor...ghest-18832964

Plaid Cymru are pretty much a complete failure as a political party but aren't the only vessel for the independence movement, as seen here the majority of Welsh Labour voters would back independence: https://nation.cymru/news/new-poll-s...-independence/

I mentioned elsewhere that I don't see how "you'll be ruined without the union" is a particularly good argument for the union. Surely all that shows is the disregard held towards Wales by the Westminster government and the lack of economic development directed at Wales since the decimation of our national industries?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post

Just like leaving Europe will be economic suicide.