Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
yes of course, but this Welsh independence movement is about being free from England, not about being free.

I can't see the unionists ever agreeing to that, but you clearly think otherwise

Likewise, I doubt this will happen in my time

Have you actually been to England? its got a bit more about it than the old boys network.

I'm pro EU, you're preaching to the choir

been there done that, perhaps if you understood I'm for less borders not more, i'm for people not state, you might appreciate why I don't think splitting into smaller and smaller political entities is a good thing.

I'm still Welsh, British and European. how can anyone take that away from me, since its a feeling. Perhaps you can explain?

so, anarchy, libertarian in the classical sense.

I've not mentioned feasibility studies at all. I was just saying that what was in my mind a sensible decision (and I say this as someone who travels to and from my office in Bristol regularly) was to improve the road network. you're not going to get Mr UK out of his car, as its too ingrained in his psyche.

agreed, but you're talking about oppressive regimes that stifled people's freedoms. We just don't have that here in Wales. most are too busy wondering who's going to be ejected from a house/beach/jungle/song contest to take to the streets to make a difference
Seriously, I appreciate you going to trouble of addressing these points and will ignore the "whateverrr" but just try to not sling insults.

I honestly can't go through everything but will just say, things are veering off into other directions and I don't want to hijack this thread.

For the record, there's absolutely no anti-English bone in my body. I've been educated, lived and worked in England over the years. Let's not make this anti-English when it isn't. I cringe when we chant anti-English stuff (especially as we have an English manager, English players and play in the English league).

I've never really thought of myself as anything other than humanitarian.

I don't deny that travel by car to Bristol everyday gives you a different perspective but as someone who hasn't driven for over ten years because of disability, we can all adapt. I love motorsport but and football but it will never be at the expense of the environment.

And no, of course I wasn't comparing Wales to those examples of world change. I was just highlighting that we have no idea what's going to happen and anything is possible. It's both exciting and frightening.

I can no longer easily travel and work/live in Europe. Nothing you say will change that. That has been taken away from me. I'm angry about it.