[QUOTE=Rjk;5128731]
Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post

I'd agree that the current system in Cardiff or Westmister doesn't lend itself to effective government. It just leads to petty squabbling, playing to the crowd etc.

Personally I'd like to see a system brought in where yes there is scrutiny, but MPs/AMs are encouraged to collaborate. Can you imagine trying to run a business the way the country is run, when no matter what you say, half the board room have to agree and cheer it rapturously and the other half have to disagree and boo loudly?

Also currently MPs are only incentivised to get reelected in 5 years, nothing else matters. I think they should be aiming to get some kind of long term financial rewards based on the long term impact of their policies.

It would be easier to shake up the senydd than Westminster, and I think Wales could grasp the opportunity to reform the way politics works here which could give it a genuine advantage
I don't disagree with any of this, although I do admire your optimism in believing Welsh Labour AMs would vote to change what is clearly a gravy train where they get paid for delivering very little if anything at all. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas.