+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Travesty of a result, Sky Boxing Sat. Night, Ritson v Vasquez.

Travesty of a result, Sky Boxing Sat. Night, Ritson v Vasquez.

The decision was a split decision in favour of Ritson. Vasquez CLEARLY won the fight by, in my opinion, at least 7 rounds. The SKY commentators and pundits gave it by even more to Vasquez and even Ritson’s manager Hearn said Vasquez had won the fight. The judge Terry O’Connor scored it 117 to 111 to Ritson. Photographs in today’s press show this judge on his phone whist he was supposed to be judging.
    The usual coterie of judges used by the BBofControl should be shaken up. Some are very good whist others are abysmal.

Re: Travesty of a result, Sky Boxing Sat. Night, Ritson v Vasquez.

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    The decision was a split decision in favour of Ritson. Vasquez CLEARLY won the fight by, in my opinion, at least 7 rounds. The SKY commentators and pundits gave it by even more to Vasquez and even Ritson’s manager Hearn said Vasquez had won the fight. The judge Terry O’Connor scored it 117 to 111 to Ritson. Photographs in today’s press show this judge on his phone whist he was supposed to be judging.
    The usual coterie of judges used by the BBofControl should be shaken up. Some are very good whist others are abysmal.
    I ll try and watch this when I can. Even Eddie Hearn said Vasquez won.

Ill watch it with the volume off. The Sky summarisers are hopeless.

Need to try and see Lopez v Lomanchenko as well.

International

Can I assume the ones who disagreed with your decision are the abysmal ones?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Can I assume the ones who disagreed with your decision are the abysmal ones?
    I am not just talking about this fight. There is a small clique that the British Board of Control uses some such as Steve Gray are very good whilst others like Ian John Lewis regularly come up with unusual results should I say. Why should a Welsh boy fighting for a British title always have 3 English judges when he is fighting an English boy. There should be a greater pool of judging talent because the existing clique are far too comfortable and know that even in the event of a scandalous decision like that of Saturday night the repercussions will be minimal.
    By the way did you watch the fight and what do you think?

I am not just talking about this fight. There is a small clique that the British Board of Control uses some such as Steve Gray are very good whilst others like Ian John Lewis regularly come up with unusual results should I say. Why should a Welsh boy fighting for a British title always have 3 English judges when he is fighting an English boy. There should be a greater pool of judging talent because the existing clique are far too comfortable and know that even in the event of a scandalous decision like that of Saturday night the repercussions will be minimal.
    Ive just seen the judge looking at his mobile. FFS.!!!

Not excusing the scoring but some of you need your eyes tested. It was clearly his scorecard he was looking at and not his phone.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not excusing the scoring but some of you need your eyes tested. It was clearly his scorecard he was looking at and not his phone.
    I think you had better stick to fishing. O’Connor has been reported to the British Boxing Board of Control over this incident and could possibly get the bullet!!

International

No I didn't. I wouldn't care if there was never another boxing match in the world anywhere, ever.

No I didn't. I wouldn't care if there was never another boxing match in the world anywhere, ever.
    and yet here you are

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    and yet here you are
    Well said Delmbox. Obviously a cheap shot from our Azerbaijani international!!!

and yet here you are
    Well said Delmbox,Obviously a cheap shot from our Azerbaijani International!!!

I think you had better stick to fishing. O’Connor has been reported to the British Boxing Board of Control over this incident and could possibly get the bullet!!
    Yes he’s been reported and has to explain himself and his scoring, however it is clearly not a phone he was looking at when he took his eye off the fight for a few seconds.

International

and yet here you are
    I look at all the posts, don't you?

International

Well said Delmbox,Obviously a cheap shot from our Azerbaijani International!!!
    Who the feck are you and why the comment?
    It wasn't a cheap shot it was an observation made in humour. Like Spurs supporting friend of mine who couldn't let himself say the Liverpool derby VAR thing was not offside, because it was Liverpool.
    You're the one taking cheap shots buddy.

Who the feck are you and why the comment?
    It wasn't a cheap shot it was an observation made in humour. Like Spurs supporting friend of mine who couldn't let himself say the Liverpool derby VAR thing was not offside, because it was Liverpool.
    You're the one taking cheap shots buddy.
    You seemed to infer from your original posting that my opinion is the best opinion put in, in your opinion , a humorous way. If you bothered to read my subsequent post you will, in my opinion , received the message that I am calling for better standards in the judging of boxing bouts which ,in the opinions of most people , would be a good thing. In consequence of this , in my opinion , your comment had little intellectual reasoning behind it and therefore , in my opinion , constitutes a cheap shot.
    As for the “ Who the feck are you ....” diatribe coming from a resident of Azerbaijan to a Cardiff City supporter since 1954, season ticket holder for many many years and a poster on this board, albeit in other names, for far more than qualifies for International status you seemed , in my opinion, to have gone a long way up your own arse!!

I look at all the posts, don't you?
    Hell no!

International

You seemed to infer from your original posting that my opinion is the best opinion put in, in your opinion , a humorous way. If you bothered to read my subsequent post you will, in my opinion , received the message that I am calling for better standards in the judging of boxing bouts which ,in the opinions of most people , would be a good thing. In consequence of this , in my opinion , your comment had little intellectual reasoning behind it and therefore , in my opinion , constitutes a cheap shot.
    As for the “ Who the feck are you ....” diatribe coming from a resident of Azerbaijan to a Cardiff City supporter since 1954, season ticket holder for many many years and a poster on this board, albeit in other names, for far more than qualifies for International status you seemed , in my opinion, to have gone a long way up your own arse!!
    Not as far as you clearly. Don't breath in you'll swallow more shit.

International

Hell no!
    Hmmmmm! Yeah, right. (There isn't a chin stoking smiley, bugger!!)