+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Did Morrison’s excellent performance have anything to do with Benkovic being on the bench?

Did Morrison’s excellent performance have anything to do with Benkovic being on the bench?

Whatever, he had an excellent game.

Re: Did Morrison’s excellent performance have anything to do with Benkovic being on the bench?

Probably. A little bit of competition keeps everyone keen.

Look at Spurs. Yesterday's result aside, they have stepped it up after looking very shaky pretty much since lockdown. No doubt the Gareth Bale signing has been a huge boost.

Re: Did Morrison’s excellent performance have anything to do with Benkovic being on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Whatever, he had an excellent game.
    He did. I would have though Benkovic would threaten Nelson more than Morrisson ?

While competition is always good, I don't think Morrisons place was ever in doubt, best CB in the league for me.

Yeah dont think it made any difference.

He puts in a number of quality performances over the season and is a very good player at this level. I'd say it wasn't to do with the new signing at all, perfect game from Preston for Sean who allowed him to utilise his strengths all match.

Morrison almost always has a good game. He's very consistent and a great captain.

Benkovic needs to be more concerned about Bamba. He'd only just arrived yesterday so the decision is more understandable, but if Bamba (or should that be Samba!) gets on ahead of him in the future, then it's a waste of time him being here.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Benkovic needs to be more concerned about Bamba. He'd only just arrived yesterday so the decision is more understandable, but if Bamba (or should that be Samba!) gets on ahead of him in the future, then it's a waste of time him being here.
    I shouldn't imagine that is going to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I assumed he must have been carrying an injury not to have got on instead of Sol.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    He did. I would have though Benkovic would threaten Nelson more than Morrisson ?
    Nelson's got a bit of pace and is more of anticipator and interceptor, he's more a Bamba type. I might be jumping to a wrong conclusion here because I've seen very little of Benkovic, but, at six foot four, he strikes me as more of a Morrison type - Morrison and Flint didn't really work because they were too similar in my opinion and it might be the same with Morrison and Benkovic.

Morrison gives 100% pretty much every game

He only struggles when the team gets runners behind him

Preston played to his strengths on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I assumed he must have been carrying an injury not to have got on instead of Sol.
    I don't think so, he's had no time to build a partnership with any of the other defenders. Im not at all surprised they didn't throw him in

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think so, he's had no time to build a partnership with any of the other defenders. Im not at all surprised they didn't throw him in
    Thinking about it you are probably right.
    Can get away with a new boy playing offensively but different at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Funnily enough the app I use on my phone "fotmob" has Benkovic as doubtful for Wednesday. Not seen anything from the club so not sure where they got it from.