+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 AFC BOURNEMOUTH: Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 AFC BOURNEMOUTH: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Glatzel hasn’t scored in 10 games, and never looks like scoring.

He’s shocking in the box. Not strong enough, gets bullied, not a natural finisher.

Which I’d say is a big problem, for a striker.

Should have tried to offload him to Sheff Wed for £500,000, instead of Paterson.

Paterson offered far more of a threat when the ball was in the box.
    Hi Callum

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks Smithies was a bit lucky that the shot was straight at him? Great reflexes, but should never have been in that position.
    Fantastic save.

He was in that position as he had been out narrowing the angle.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No. It was still a good save, but as you allude to, all he had to do was stick his arms out.
    Aye, might have a go at this goal keeping malarkey myself.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v AFC BOURNEMOUTH: Match thread

He's an attention seeking wind up that is best avoided. That's my new year's resolution.
    Agreed, utterly predictable post merely looking for effect - you know what you're going to get as soon as you see that name in a post match thread. He never posts when we win under this manager because he's decided that, with Neil Harris being quite popular on here, he has to be against him.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Good Point - Bournemouth are a good side who with Josh King and Dai Brookes will only improve - whoever finishes above them is going up

I don't think Glatzel is that bad - He looks like he causes problems but he never looks like scoring which for a centre forward is a bit of problem

Bagan was nervous at first but got better - hopefully Bennett is back Saturday - Warnock will definitely try to exploit him

Morrison and Nelson were good again but Smithies was outstanding that save onto the bar was amazing

Wilson was our best outfield player but MOTM was Smithies
    I know Warnock used to be a winger, but I for one will be well pleased if he decides he's the man to try to exploit Bagan's inexperience on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    We were poor and got away with a fortunate point. Bournemouth were the better side. Again we gave the ball away far too easily and looked very lightweight upfront especially in the first half. We were better towards the end but didn't really look like scoring.
    I know where you're coming from because I think Bournemouth will, justifiably, feel they should have left with all three points, but I wouldn't say we were poor. When I saw we had a midfield player and a kid making his league debut at full back, were resting our first choice centre forward and central midfielder and the man who has been our main creator was nowhere in sight, I could only see one outcome, but, as it turned out, the makeshift side we put out turned in the best performance I've seen from us so far this season - we were lucky not to concede more, but our attacking play deserved more than just the single goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I thought he did ok, certainly didn't disgrace himself, and was comfortable enough with the ball. and for the most part they were pretty quiet down their right.
    a couple of times he looked a bit vulnerable, but it's to be expected for a first outing at this level against a good team.

if one of our senior fullbacks put in that exact performance, there would probably be one or two gripes but aren't there always.

hopefully he's given the chance to build on it.
    good summary, he picked out a couple of decent passes as wll

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No. It was still a good save, but as you allude to, all he had to do was stick his arms out.
    All he had to do was stick his arms out, spoken like a man that's never played in goal.

Great goal from Wilson? Nah all he did was swing his leg 😂

Am I the only one that thinks Smithies was a bit lucky that the shot was straight at him? Great reflexes, but should never have been in that position.
    Or is it that because hes a good keeper, instinctively he knew the best position to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I know where you're coming from because I think Bournemouth will, justifiably, feel they should have left with all three points, but I wouldn't say we were poor. When I saw we had a midfield player and a kid making his league debut at full back, were resting our first choice centre forward and central midfielder and the man who has been our main creator was nowhere in sight, I could only see one outcome, but, as it turned out, the makeshift side we put out turned in the best performance I've seen from us so far this season - we were lucky not to concede more, but our attacking play deserved more than just the single goal.
    That's a fairer summary. I tend to look at how we play and not the opposition. But you are right. We had a makeshift side and Bournemouth must feel justifiably unfortunate. Another way of looking at it from our viewpoint is that yesterday was a point won rather than two points lost.

I think I watched a different game. Bournemouth had the best of it but it was hardly one way traffic. We could easily have taken all 3 points last night.

I never thought we were hanging on or that it was inevitable they were going to score.

I thought a draw was fair enough.

Thought it was a decent point against a tough opponent - worldy save by smithies to keep us in it, bring on the boro.

https://twitter.com/XGEEFAX/status/1...014936064?s=19

this would seem to support the general impression that we got away with one here

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    That's a fairer summary. I tend to look at how we play and not the opposition. But you are right. We had a makeshift side and Bournemouth must feel justifiably unfortunate. Another way of looking at it from our viewpoint is that yesterday was a point won rather than two points lost.
    After extensive research I have found a Bournemouth fan that agrees with that view:

https://bournemouth.vitalfootball.co...ons-v-cardiff/

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    All he had to do was stick his arms out, spoken like a man that's never played in goal.

Great goal from Wilson? Nah all he did was swing his leg 😂
    A very poor comparison.

I must have missed the memo that says we have to have played in every position to comment on what we see on TV. Perhaps you'd like to list your credentials so I'll know when not to cross you.

Incidentally how did Bagan and Bacuna cope with the pace and quality that Bournemouth had up front ?
    Stiff test for Bagan facing one of the best championship teams for his first match