+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 AFC BOURNEMOUTH: Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v AFC BOURNEMOUTH: Match thread

A much more entertaining match than Preston. Bournemouth just had a heel or toe in the right place at the right time. Improving at home and not bad at all for a new line up. I feel we could do a team 3 or 4 nil at some point this season. Glad my 3 nil Bournemouth prediction was off the mark.

Happy with everyone’s performances there. They were better than us but we did well

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Why do we never win second balls? It’s really odd, or poor depending on your viewpoint
    This. Both halves outside of the box, we rarely win the 2nd ball.

Good point though.

Yet again a better 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Enjoyable from start to finish. This team is getting batter and better.
    What game were you watching?

Wilson apart, we didn’t create a single thing, and were very poor.

Couldn’t string a handful of passes together, and players who should never have started.

Including arguably the worst centre forward in the Championship, in Glatzel.

He’s like a baby giraffe out there, and never looks like scoring.

We haven’t played well, in a single game this season.

In the words of the late great Brucie, Good game Good game.
    Both sides went for it but City happier with a point I reckon.
    Smithies world class, shot stopping, speed of thought and courage

Have to give a shout out to Ojo this evening after ragging him out the other week.

The guy put in a lot more effort, showed some quality and was instrumental in winning the ball for the goal.

Very good and entertaining second half!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    What game were you watching?

Wilson apart, we didn’t create a single thing, and were very poor.

Couldn’t string a handful of passes together, and players who should never have started.

Including arguably the worst centre forward in the Championship, in Glatzel.

He’s like a baby giraffe out there, and never looks like scoring.

We haven’t played well, in a single game this season.
    What the hell are you on,it was a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    What the hell are you on,it was a good game.
    He's an attention seeking wind up that is best avoided. That's my new year's resolution.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 AFC BOURNEMOUTH: Match thread

Any opinions on Joel Bagan's performance? I thought that he played pretty well, particularly in the last 30 minutes of the second half. His defensive positioning wasn't always great, but he made a couple of decent tackles and looked composed in possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He's an attention seeking wind up that is best avoided. That's my new year's resolution.
    Taken on board

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Any opinions on Joel Bagan's performance? I thought that he played pretty well, particularly in the last 30 minutes of the second half. His defensive positioning wasn't always great, but he made a couple of decent tackles and looked composed in possession.
    I was watching a stuttering stream which was about 2 minutes behind Radio Wales' commentary.

I have to say I didn't really notice him, which means I wasn't looking out for him and he did little wrong. Worth giving him a run.

Great to see one of our youngsters playing for the 1st team, Harris true to his word, he did well and deserves a run in the team? Wouldn’t have happened with Warnock!

Good Point - Bournemouth are a good side who with Josh King and Dai Brookes will only improve - whoever finishes above them is going up

I don't think Glatzel is that bad - He looks like he causes problems but he never looks like scoring which for a centre forward is a bit of problem

Bagan was nervous at first but got better - hopefully Bennett is back Saturday - Warnock will definitely try to exploit him

Morrison and Nelson were good again but Smithies was outstanding that save onto the bar was amazing

Wilson was our best outfield player but MOTM was Smithies

A very good point and an entertaining game, Bagan did well and an excellent finish from Wilson

Great point in an entertaining game. They were better but we were never out if it. I like Glatzel but Moore is our best striker. I think Bournemouth have the best squad in the league. We’re lucky Brooks and King were missing.

I wouldn’t swap Smithies for Pickford. We’re lucky with keepers.

Wilson could go on to bang 10-15 goals for us!

We were poor and got away with a fortunate point. Bournemouth were the better side. Again we gave the ball away far too easily and looked very lightweight upfront especially in the first half. We were better towards the end but didn't really look like scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks Smithies was a bit lucky that the shot was straight at him? Great reflexes, but should never have been in that position.

I thought he did ok, certainly didn't disgrace himself, and was comfortable enough with the ball. and for the most part they were pretty quiet down their right.
    a couple of times he looked a bit vulnerable, but it's to be expected for a first outing at this level against a good team.

if one of our senior fullbacks put in that exact performance, there would probably be one or two gripes but aren't there always.

hopefully he's given the chance to build on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks Smithies was a bit lucky that the shot was straight at him? Great reflexes, but should never have been in that position.
    No. It was still a good save, but as you allude to, all he had to do was stick his arms out.

He did well. He certainly did not look out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No. It was still a good save, but as you allude to, all he had to do was stick his arms out.
    In fairness at that speed, that was the difficulty!

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    We were poor and got away with a fortunate point. Bournemouth were the better side. Again we gave the ball away far too easily and looked very lightweight upfront especially in the first half. We were better towards the end but didn't really look like scoring.
    Good to see someone on here that actual saw the game.

To listen to some of the garbage on this thread, people thought we were Brazil.

We were poor. Wilson apart, no creativity, can’t create any chances, can’t keep possession.

Haven’t played well or looked cohesive in any game this season.

The team are even poorer to watch than under Warnock. Compared to this dross, Warnock’s was champagne football.

Bournemouth were decent, but let’s not forget, this was a team who didn’t even have a shot on target home to QPR on Saturday.

Even Millwall are above us and in a Playoff place, and they’ve spent peanuts. Not the luxury of a few million like Harris has.

This team won’t make the Playoffs, unless there’s a change of manager.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I don't think Glatzel is that bad - He looks like he causes problems but he never looks like scoring which for a centre forward is a bit of problem
    Glatzel hasn’t scored in 10 games, and never looks like scoring.

He’s shocking in the box. Not strong enough, gets bullied, not a natural finisher.

Which I’d say is a big problem, for a striker.

Should have tried to offload him to Sheff Wed for £500,000, instead of Paterson.

Paterson offered far more of a threat when the ball was in the box.