Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
Harris wants our full backs to be 'explosive' this season, the fact that three of them have suffered hamstring problems already will give him some food for thought (and maybe give Warnock some schadenfreude). Just a coincidence, hopefully, but it looks like the door will open for Bagan at some point and I'm sure he won't let us down when that chance comes. We've still got Dan Martin at under-23 level too. I'm not sure where he's at standard wise but if Harris wants a full back who pushes on then he certainly ticks that box, he makes Kyle Walker look like Peltier.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the squad gets stretched this season. Will Harris prefer to play senior players out of position (or carrying slight knocks) or will he take a chance on the younger ones? It looks like Wednesday may give us an early chance to find out.
I thought at the time that starting Bennett against Blackburn was unnecessarily risky. With the international window straight after, he could have had 4 weeks to recover and only missed 2 games.