+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Call My Bluff 2120

Call My Bluff 2120

Words that we rarely use nowadays but will have disappeared completely in 100 years.

Throng.

Re: Call My Bluff 2120

kerfuffle

covid19
    football

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

discombobulated

The other day I told my daughter she'd had a load of bumf delivered in the post - she hadn't Danny what I was talking about 🤔

Fire and passion

The word 'problem' seems to be disappearing very quickly as all 'problems' are now considered to be 'issues' even though the two words are not interchangeable.

And the word 'colleague' now seems to have collected the word 'work' in front of it.

Similarly, 'eroding' is becoming 'eroding away' and 'reversing' is now often referred to as 'reversing back'.

Oh yeah, I received a letter from my new bank yesterday and with the heading 'Your PIN number'.......

I'm sure I read somewhere that language is changing so quickly that in 1000 years time, the language we speak today is likely to be completely unintelligible to anyone living then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere that language is changing so quickly that in 1000 years time, the language we speak today is likely to be completely unintelligible to anyone living then.
    As it was a 1000 years ago.

International

Cyril just used a good word in another thread.................... "Frippery"

jobs

Labour

The phrase "you are 100% correct". Is it possible to be less than 100% correct then? Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The phrase "you are 100% correct". Is it possible to be less than 100% correct then? Discuss.
    Yes of course it's possible. Something can be mainly but not entirely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Yes.

You can be partially correct

REDDIES

On the weekend, I sorted something for my daughter and finished it off with "There you go, Bob's your uncle, fanny's your aunt"

She looked at me as if I was some kind of demented weirdo !

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    REDDIES
    That Vincent Tan whim went out a few seasons ago.

My daughter laughed at me using the word ‘squiffy’ the other day for being slightly tipsy, perhaps ‘tipsy’ is another term rarely used come to think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

Oh yeah, I received a letter from my new bank yesterday and with the heading 'Your PIN number'.......
    I saw that on my LCD display

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The word 'problem' seems to be disappearing very quickly as all 'problems' are now considered to be 'issues' even though the two words are not interchangeable.

And the word 'colleague' now seems to have collected the word 'work' in front of it.

Similarly, 'eroding' is becoming 'eroding away' and 'reversing' is now often referred to as 'reversing back'.

That’s so you can use it in the ATM machine