Who will win the US election?

Re: US election prediction

No Kanye option?

Didn't he withdraw?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Didn't he withdraw?
    No he managed to get on the ballot in 12 states and it was only a combination of the law, his tardiness and of course deep state that meant he did not qualify for others.

Probably best to leave him off the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Who will win the US election?
    George W. Bush and Donald Trump had something in common:
    The former garnered more than half a million votes fewer than Al Gore and the latter almost 3 million votes fewer than Hillary Clinton.

Democracy, it ain't.

No score draw option?

Nobody thinks Trump will win then?

Compare with this earlier poll, there were a few confident then...

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...mp-predictions

Not sure about the definition of landslide in US politics but that's my guess.

Here are the UK General Election polling from 2019 and the actual results if anyone wants to compare with mainstream polling organisations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...neral_election

I see a civil war occurring

I'd love it to be a Biden landslide, but I think the gap's going to close in the next fortnight - I almost went for a narrow Trump victort because I have this dread that he could still win, but the polls couldn't be that wrong could they?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd love it to be a Biden landslide, but I think the gap's going to close in the next fortnight - I almost went for a narrow Trump victort because I have this dread that he could still win, but the polls couldn't be that wrong could they?
    Ask Ed Miliband

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ask Ed Miliband
    You voted yet or waiting for "guidance"?

Ask Ed Miliband
    I must have missed all of those polls putting Labour double digits ahead in the run up to the 2015 election.

I must have missed all of those polls putting Labour double digits ahead in the run up to the 2015 election.
    or even if they did get things a bit askew. Polling organisations who prosper or not on their accuracy, adjusting their methodology in the 5 years since.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...mp-will-win-an

Perhaps we can add Pat's vote and see how many on this Board share his prophecy if impending global doom soon after his second term has completed.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...mp-will-win-an

Perhaps we can add Pat's vote and see how many on this Board share his prophecy if impending global doom soon after his second term has completed.
    Good PR or bad PR? Third time lucky with his 'end of the world' prophesy?

If we apply the LOM approach to balance (50% he gets it right; 50% he gets it wrong) surely we are all (probably) doomed?

Trump's nominee is moving onto the Supreme Court and therefore Trump and hard-right America has won even if they lose.

I wonder what Republican's actually think? In one way their party became one family who didn't believe in traditional Republican viewpoints and in another they employed a bully and a liar to stamp over traditional convention so they can challenge abortion rights etc.

From Guardian:

Labour leads Conservatives by 12 points in poll

*This article is more than*7 years old

Guardian/ICM poll gives Ed Miliband's party 41% of vote and David Cameron's 29% – the biggest gap in almost a decade

Heisenberg

From Guardian:

Guardian/ICM poll gives Ed Miliband's party 41% of vote and David Cameron's 29% – the biggest gap in almost a decade
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-12-point-poll

That's from February 2013

Do you know what "run up to the election" means? I can give you a hint... it's not 27 months beforehand.

From Guardian:

So its from 2013? 2 years before the election?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    So its from 2013? 2 years before the election?
    He regularly lead in the polls, then he hit his stone moment , I'm sure Joe will win though

He regularly lead in the polls, then he hit his stone moment , I'm sure Joe will win though
    In the 3 weeks in the run up to the 2015 election there was a poll spread of +6 Conservative to +3 Labour. Most polls had the Conservatives in the lead. The stone came out on 3 May, 4 days before the election.

Don't let fact get in the way of an argument though!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    In the 3 weeks in the run up to the 2015 election there was a poll spread of +6 Conservative to +3 Labour. Most polls had the Conservatives in the lead. The stone came out on 3 May, 4 days before the election.

Don't let fact get in the way of an argument though!
    Let's just call it as it is... LoM is thick. Not a bit thick. Thick. He's constantly wrong and when it's pointed out he either ignores it, waits for someone else to reply so he can hang onto their coat tails and agree with their post or he simply responds with something irrelevant to your post.

I'm glad he said that he won't be "bullied off here like RB" (who wasn't bullied in the slightest... although he was an annoying c**t who was obsessed with calling everyone an anti-Semite without reason, yet had a lot of problems with black people and foreigners for some reason) as I'd miss feeling smarter than at least one person on the politics board (as Gluey has disappeared too by the looks of it).

I think LoM has his views, I struggle with many of them because I think that they are ill thought out and led by others. I think he would be better advised to think more frequently and post less often. That said, he seems to read more than me so I struggle calling out anyone who is still being stimulated by learning and knowledge.