+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst town in Wales

Re: Worst town in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    In the winter Porthcawl is a place of death and decay
    stay away from the seafront on a November night

Its smells of human waste , alcohol and is reminiscent of a George A Romeo zombie film

Prestatyn - Years ago I booked 5 days at Pontins, I lasted 2 days and came home. It’s like the town has been visited by soul eaters that were themselves bummed by morlocks

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Cwm. Nothing there but houses with a road to somewhere else cut through the middle of it.
    Every time I go there I try to imagine how many houses they demolished to build it? From the size of the 2 bits that are left it must have been half the town.
    Are you talking about the bypass? No houses were demolished in the building of the bypass.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Prestatyn - Years ago I booked 5 days at Pontins, I lasted 2 days and came home. It’s like the town has been visited by soul eaters that were themselves bummed by morlocks
    And Rhyl next door.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Are you talking about the bypass? No houses were demolished in the building of the bypass.
    That's reassuring, but driving down it one can't help thinking there were. It's almost like a place cut in half.

Cwm isnt a town either.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    Newport for me.

I know some people will rightly say Maesteg, Penrhys, Maerdy etc but at least these towns know they are shite heaps.

Newport residents try their hardest to convince that the town (City) is now nice!
    Newport was made a city for a dare.

There were two brothers from cwm Ebbw vale who used to follow city

Ebbw Vale is a town. Loads of City fans there. Met a load in Neath prior to a Swansea away game.( one of the ones we were banned from)

Is Fochriw a town?

Bargoed.

Horrible people up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Is Fochriw a town?
    No it's the answer to the question "What's the worst village in Wales?"

my brother reserves a special hatred for presteigne, having been stuck there for hours on a Sunday afternoon when everything was closed.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    No it's the answer to the question "What's the worst village in Wales?"
    Beddau.

I regularly did away’s with the two brothers fun buses from Cwm in the early 90s. Very entertaining.

It's Bargoed for me as well (at least it was in the 90's when I was last there)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    I once fitted out a stack of the bedrooms for Pontins, i thought it would be great, the park was open and we could get some work done, get changed, bite to eat, few drinks and enjoy the place

i was wrong, very very wrong

next time i went, i purposely didnt take any tidy clothes to stop me thinking i could have a night out, i worked till 9pm, got my head down, up at 8am and back to work, home that night, instead of a 3 day job, it was 2

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I once fitted out a stack of the bedrooms for Pontins, i thought it would be great, the park was open and we could get some work done, get changed, bite to eat, few drinks and enjoy the place

i was wrong, very very wrong

next time i went, i purposely didnt take any tidy clothes to stop me thinking i could have a night out, i worked till 9pm, got my head down, up at 8am and back to work, home that night, instead of a 3 day job, it was 2
    I have never been there, but I think if I had been sent to do some work on Pontins, I would have been in the same mindset as you. I'd have been thinking of how great the evenings were going to be and brought along some decent clothes.
    Was it just Pontins or Prestatyn as a whole (no pun intended) that was so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It's Bargoed for me as well (at least it was in the 90's when I was last there)
    It’s been in a steep decline since then

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Cwm isnt a town either.
    What is it then?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I have never been there, but I think if I had been sent to do some work on Pontins, I would have been in the same mindset as you. I'd have been thinking of how great the evenings were going to be and brought along some decent clothes.
    Was it just Pontins or Prestatyn as a whole (no pun intended) that was so bad?
    Well the barman told us where the staff go in town on nights out, it was worse than porthcawl on a tuesday night

I might be being harsh on the place, afterall all my nights out with in cardiff and various club nights around the UK

What is it then?
    Its a small village.

Cwm isnt a town either.
    What is it then?

Stuff that runs down her leg after sex !!

Having been bought up in north Wales, lived in Cardiff for 25 years and worked all over Wales, Rhyl is by far the shittiest place I have seen in our wonderful country.

International

Its a small village.
    Do they have the requisite idont?