+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Home Bargains brigade !

The Home Bargains brigade !

I appreciate that many people do not have the finances to shop at Waitrose etc but Home Bargains must now be the lowest of the low (except for Poundland). Even their name brand products seem to have a stale look to them.

The place is full of chavs picking up multi packs of Haribo's!

I used to have a big problem with Aldi & Lidl but, with the introduction of new stores, they both have pushed themselves up the ladder with tidier stores and better ranges.

Re: The Home Bargains brigade !

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    I appreciate that many people do not have the finances to shop at Waitrose etc but Home Bargains must now be the lowest of the low (except for Poundland). Even their name brand products seem to have a stale look to them.

I used to have a big problem with Aldi & Lidl but, with the introduction of new stores, they both have pushed themselves up the ladder with tidier stores and better ranges.
    Really? I live close to a home bargains and always found it immaculate. Even the fresh produce there has been better than Asda.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Really? I live close to a home bargains and always found it immaculate. Even the fresh produce there has been better than Asda.
    The words 'Home Bargains' and 'Fresh Produce' is not something i have seen in the same sentence before.

My fiancé and her mother love Home Bargains, I'll pass on your comments and see if they can "chav" themselves up a bit more in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    My fiancé and her mother love Home Bargains, I'll pass on your comments and see if they can "chav" themselves up a bit more in the future.
    Please pass on that too many haribo's will rot their teeth.

There's nothing wrong with Home Bargains. I buy my toiletries from there and save about 50% compared with buying the same products from Boots and Superdrug.

Home Bargains is great for garden stuff. It's also a great place to take the grandchildren. They are happy to receive a "bargain" toy or stationery and the low price keeps me happy. They even have an online presence which works. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the store.

The words 'Home Bargains' and 'Fresh Produce' is not something i have seen in the same sentence before.
    Yeah, I don't agree with the general snobbery about these kind of places but I would never think they had fresh produce in home bargains

Totally agree with Vindec on this one. Excellent for toiletries, ad-hoc stuff like de-humidifiers, garden wares, birdfood, swing-bins, the list is endless. You do get people from both ends of the social spectrum but so what, I don't go there to judge others.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Home Bargains is great for garden stuff. It's also a great place to take the grandchildren. They are happy to receive a "bargain" toy or stationery and the low price keeps me happy. They even have an online presence which works. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the store.
    Spot on, it does the job.

You may be interested to know their tampons are cheaper than boots etc. They’re stuck up c**** too

I'm more likely to tell them to watch out for condescending tosspots judging them from afar

Always good for cheap light bulbs!

Ok for cheap toys for Christmas, perhaps some kids would have bugger all if not for Home Bargains, B & M etc. Not just for Christmas either, my missus picks things up for the grandkids there, colouring books, pencils etc. They’ve got their place in the retail chain.

Haribos not Haribo's.

I bought sone Gillette aftershave Balm there which was half the price of Boots. Despite coming in the same box and bottle, the contents were totally different and utter crap

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I bought sone Gillette aftershave Balm there which was half the price of Boots. Despite coming in the same box and bottle, the contents were totally different and utter crap
    Sounds like a major fraud if a company like Home Bargains is selling fake Gillette aftershave balm. You could make a bit proving it!

Bought a bottle from Boots a day later, totally different although the ingredients were supposedly the same. Maybe out of date balm......

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Spot on, it does the job.
    This. Nothing wrong with the place. Of course there is a lot of crap in there, but the same is true of John Lewis. I'd not rely registered the food but nowt wrong with loads off their stuff. Kids toys in particular.

I'll always welcome a bargain no matter what I earn. I've got a mate who earns premiership footballer money and he still drops into places like this and does shopping at Aldi etc because he just doesn't see the sense in paying more than he needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    This. Nothing wrong with the place. Of course there is a lot of crap in there, but the same is true of John Lewis. I'd not rely registered the food but nowt wrong with loads off their stuff. Kids toys in particular.

I'll always welcome a bargain no matter what I earn. I've got a mate who earns premiership footballer money and he still drops into places like this and does shopping at Aldi etc because he just doesn't see the sense in paying more than he needs to.
    Absolutely. I've shopped in virtually every supermarket from Waitrose to Lidl, Aldi to Sainsbury and everything in between. All supermarkets have good stores and average ones. In no way does going to a more expensive supermarket mean better quality, not even with M&S. Expensive supermarkets are just a class or snobbery thing.

Here's some snobbery debunking as well; Having relied very heavily on home delivery for the last 8 months and tried all of the major players, we're surprised that Iceland have blown the others away, accuracy, value, promptness & freshness.

I had never previously considered that Iceland would become our major provider.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Here's some snobbery debunking as well; Having relied very heavily on home delivery for the last 8 months and tried all of the major players, we're surprised that Iceland have blown the others away, accuracy, value, promptness & freshness.

I agree 100%. Been using them over lockdown.

Only reservation is that you dont get the choice of product with bigger supermarkets but easy enough to pick up the odd delicacy that might be missing elsewhere.

Not if you are vegetarian, we made a order midway through lockdown, ordered mainly Veggie stuff, like quorn, put together a decent order, it was 60 something quid worth, they turned up with 18 quid of stuff, even though it was s.posed to be in stock, they actually hadnt had it in for weeks ( and didnt have it in for a few more weeks )

Given the distance the produce has travelled, that's an amazing feat!