Everton (x 3)
    Arsenal (x 3)
    Leeds (x 3)
    Man Utd (x 2)
    Derby (x 2)
    Man City
    Nottingham Forest
    Aston Villa
    Interestingly six of those nine suffered relegation in the same period, whereas only two of the Premier League winners haven’t been constant members of it.

Re: European Premier League

I think a league format for CL could work but would have to go hand in hand with domestic leagues. If you are used to being a big club in your own country are you really going to be happy to accept losing 90% of games. The only thing I can see is causing a bigger seperation between these teams.

I don't think it will happen

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Me too. Got no interest in the group stages at all. And the Europa League? Forget it.

The group stages really take the piss out the the term ‘competitive football’, it’s sometimes as though they’re rigged (as though)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Good!! I've been ranting on about the 4 plastics plus Citeh and Spurs joining a European elite super elite and letting the rest of us getting on with it. How many teams have won the premier league since its inception? Only Leicester and Blackburn Rovers. In how many football seasons? I find the premier league really, really boring. Go and do one and feck off!!
    be careful what you wish for

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Interestingly six of those nine suffered relegation in the same period, whereas only two of the Premier League winners haven’t been constant members of it.
    Three? Man City, Blackburn and Leicester?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    The straight knockouts recently were far more exciting. I'd prefer they kept that format.
    But then the big teams might get knocked out, and we can't have that.

In the 28 full seasons since it began, 7 different clubs have won the English Premier League. During the same period, 6 different clubs have won the Bundesliga, 5 different clubs have won Serie A and 5 different clubs have won La Liga.

Do you know how many different clubs won the Football League First Division in the 28 seasons before the Premier League was formed?
    Go on Mr Gunman, tell me please...

What I do remember are teams like Aston Villa and Forest winning the old first division, and for some obscure reason QPR finishing 2nd in 75/76 season. Teams that would never stand a chance now

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Go on Mr Gunman, tell me please...

What I do remember are teams like Aston Villa and Forest winning the old first division, and for some obscure reason QPR finishing 2nd in 75/76 season. Teams that would never stand a chance now
    Why? Leicester won the Premier League. As did Blackburn. Manchester City have been as low as League One during the Premier League era.

Why? Leicester won the Premier League. As did Blackburn. Manchester City have been as low as League One during the Premier League era.
    Of course Man City aren’t perennial Premier Leaguers either