+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: European Premier League

European Premier League

Good

Hope you choke on your own greed

Scumbags - - American style franchise football coming soon - no promotion or relegation just keep it all for themselves

Sod them - I'll be there

Re: European Premier League

if its instead of the champions League and is open to potentially all clubs then it's not as bad

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if its instead of the champions League and is open to potentially all clubs then it's not as bad
    Think you're being a bit naive there - there will be no promotion or relegation. There will be end of season play offs. Thee will be games played around the world and there will be a final superbowl or whatever they call it. There will be no distribution of wealth.

The champions legue was drawsn up so none of the 'big' teams would go out early

This is the next step whereby domestic leagues will get less money and no smaller teams will be allowed at the big table

They know more people will watch Liverpool vs Barcelona as opposed to Liverpool vs Burnley

the English clubs don't want to give up the premier League as it is a big earner. the big clubs from other countries are probably more keen

Think our football will be better without them they have simply become all star international sides .

In the immortal worlds of Idina Menzel ""Let It Go ""

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think our football will be better without them they have simply become all star international sides .

In the immortal worlds of Idina Menzel ""Let It Go ""
    ...and in the words of Eddy Murphy in 48 hrs..get the **** outta here!

Good!! I've been ranting on about the 4 plastics plus Citeh and Spurs joining a European elite super elite and letting the rest of us getting on with it. How many teams have won the premier league since its inception? Only Leicester and Blackburn Rovers. In how many football seasons? I find the premier league really, really boring. Go and do one and feck off!!

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Sod them - I'll be there
    Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Good!! I've been ranting on about the 4 plastics plus Citeh and Spurs joining a European elite super elite and letting the rest of us getting on with it. How many teams have won the premier league since its inception? Only Leicester and Blackburn Rovers. In how many football seasons? I find the premier league really, really boring. Go and do one and feck off!!
    👍👍👍👍

Good!! I've been ranting on about the 4 plastics plus Citeh and Spurs joining a European elite super elite
    What have Leeds done to be included?

Bang on 68 👍

How many teams have won the premier league since its inception?
    In the 28 full seasons since it began, 7 different clubs have won the English Premier League. During the same period, 6 different clubs have won the Bundesliga, 5 different clubs have won Serie A and 5 different clubs have won La Liga.

Do you know how many different clubs won the Football League First Division in the 28 seasons before the Premier League was formed?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In the 28 full seasons since it began, 7 different clubs have won the English Premier League. During the same period, 6 different clubs have won the Bundesliga, 5 different clubs have won Serie A and 5 different clubs have won La Liga.

Do you know how many different clubs won the Football League First Division in the 28 seasons before the Premier League was formed?
    I have a feeling you're about to impart your knowledge

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Good

Hope you choke on your own greed

Scumbags - - American style franchise football coming soon - no promotion or relegation just keep it all for themselves

Sod them - I'll be there
    A European Super League could actually work ... for the women's game?

Where?
    Its a thing Cardiff fans chant. Its meaningless to everybody else but its a kind of sod you I'm a Cardiff fan kind of thing ('with my little pick and shovel I'll be there' - obviously I'm not a miner but I do not question Cardiff fans why they chant it). Of course its a bit childish but most football chants are. So its my retort to a group of billionaires trying to change football to the detriment of all other clubs by reducing their financial rewards by participating in the current system - which whilst flawed - I do enjoy

But that wasn't your point was it

But that wasn't your point was it
    I didn't have a point. I just didn't get the relevance of 'I'll be there' in relation to the prospect of a European super league. Didn't make any sense to me. Still doesn't.

I've read the BBC report about a European super league. It seems to suggest that such a competition would replace the current Champions League rather than the current domestic system. Don't know about you, but I lost interest in the Champions League a long time ago. I only ever watch the closing stages these days, but I didn't even bother with those last season.

I don't know if a European super league would be any more interesting than the current Champions League. Personally, I doubt it. But then I've largely lost interest in the European competitions anyway. They seem to go on for ever.

Good question. My guess would be 8 or 9

Liverpool, Man Utd, Leeds, Everton, Forest, Derby, Villa, Arsenal and maybe Man City although I don’t actually remember them winning it

There's some thought that this is a warning shot or side issue to force UEFA to reconstruct the Champions League as there not keen on the qualifying stages or small countries being included in the completion.

I'm guessing they would rather see more and better revenue generating teams qualifying teams from the major tier countries such as England, Spain, Italy , France and Germany rather than from smaller domestic and less attractive leagues ??

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

Liverpool, Man Utd, Leeds, Everton, Forest, Derby, Villa, Arsenal and maybe Man City although I don’t actually remember them winning it
    Well the two Manchester clubs are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

It was nine and you got them all. Man City won it 1967/68. The top six that year was Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Leeds, Everton and Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Man Utd - 64/65 and 66/67.
    Man City - 67/68

I stand corrected, got my maths badly wrong

I stand corrected, got my maths badly wrong
    The winners in the 28 years before the EPL were:

Liverpool (x 12)
    Everton (x 3)
    Arsenal (x 3)
    Leeds (x 3)
    Man Utd (x 2)
    Derby (x 2)
    Man City
    Nottingham Forest
    Aston Villa

Personally, I doubt it. But then I've largely lost interest in the European competitions anyway. They seem to go on for ever.
    The straight knockouts recently were far more exciting. I'd prefer they kept that format.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    The straight knockouts recently were far more exciting. I'd prefer they kept that format.
    Me too. Got no interest in the group stages at all. And the Europa League? Forget it.