+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any book recommendations for lockdown?

Re: Any book recommendations for lockdown?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I’d be surprised if it’s still on sale.
    A very guilty chortle of an audio listen.
    All available on Amazon - I do have them all up in the attic if anyone wants them.

"The Christ Virus," by Dave Slade (Amazon)

"Is it possible to predict events years before they happen? Many are calling The Christ Virus prophetic because it foretold the outbreak of a deadly pandemic in 2019, the onset of rioting throughout the country, and the election of a wealthy Republican from New York to the presidency in 2016––all years they happened. But just as chilling are the events in the story that are yet to come. Meticulously researched and written, The Christ Virus is an edge-of-your seat thriller that leaves the reader wondering how a book written so many years ago could foretell the future."

StT.
    <><

My Wicked, Wicked Ways: The Autobiography of Errol Flynn is another good read.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    My Wicked, Wicked Ways: The Autobiography of Errol Flynn is another good read.
    Is it true what they said about errol and his tadger ?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Nothing to Envy is up there with Wild Swans, which relates to China under Mao.
    Wild Swans is excellent. I also loved the book Chickenhawk, about a helicopter pilot in Vietnam. The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz is an amazing true story, though doubts have been cast over it's authenticity in much the same way as Papillon. I fancy Rhinos, Wino's and Lunatics by Deke Leonard, but very hard to find.