+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How does now TV work then?

How does now TV work then?

I was thinking of buying months subscription to sky sports on now TV.
    I have a Sony bravia TV. Is it a case of just downloading an app onto the TV and login in with my details and I'm up and running?
    Also do you get the red button option to watch the cardiff games like tonight? Cheers

Re: How does now TV work then?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I was thinking of buying months subscription to sky sports on now TV.
    I have a Sony bravia TV. Is it a case of just downloading an app onto the TV and login in with my details and I'm up and running?
    Also do you get the red button option to watch the cardiff games like tonight? Cheers
    Not sure about the app, but you're probably right. There might be one there already.

Sadly, there's no red button facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not sure about the app, but you're probably right. There might be one there already.

Sadly, there's no red button facility.
    Not seen a NowTV app for Sony Bravia, there is one on a PS4 though.

A lot of modern internet connected televisions have them built in as a standard along with the main ones like Netflix and Amazon etc the LG's TV are brilliant for that and reported as good internet interface both by a fixed Ethernet cable which is best or wi fi signal

Absolutely no point then if you've not got the red button facility. Only watch our games have no interest in any other games apart from Wales games.

Sky want you to commit to an 18 month contract. Sod that

I think the app is on Sony Bravia now (you can double check on your TV)

You go onto the Now TV website and make and make an account. You buy the Sports Pass online. You can either do this on the Now TV website, or on another website, which may be cheaper. But if you do it on another website you may have to activate it on the Now TV website. Instructions on how to do activate are here: https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-t...r-voucher-code. Then I think you can log in via the app and watch the game tonight, via a bonus stream (which are on some TVs and I think it on Sony TVs with Android TV)

There's an offer on Xbox at the moment for £25/month if you or anyone else has one. Apple TV is roughly £33/month - this is for all Sports channels. You should be able to access NOW TV on your laptop or phone, iPad etc (there are apps). There is no contract. You can cancel anytime. I know this because SKY keep asking me to rejoin and the small print is always an 18 month contract which I won't do. I only use NOW TV these days if I want any SKY sports.

As I say, NOW TV is a cancel anytime rolling subscription, just like Netflix etc. Hope this helps.

Just paid £18 to sky for an 18 months rolling contract that you can cancel anytime

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Just paid £18 to sky for an 18 months rolling contract that you can cancel anytime
    Great price especially being able to cancel anytime too.

nowtv lets you use Chromecast so you can have the app on your phone or tablet and use any TV, much more flexible than most of the other (legal) options