+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Decent TV series binge watch?

Heisenberg

Re: Decent TV series binge watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I gave up after series two. Had zero interest in any of the characters. BB and The Sopranos are way better imo.
    Season 2 of Ozark was dreary. Season 3 was intense. I'd highly recommend you have a rethink about it.

And of course BB and The Sopranos are better than Ozark...pointless comparison to make imo. It's like comparing Cardiff and Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Walking dead?
    I've watched it from series seven for some reason?
    I know it's utter shit but something makes me watch the new ones when they come out?
    It has some hateable characters, which I want to see get battered I think?
    I watched up until the first few of series 8 then haven't bothered since.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Season 2 of Ozark was dreary. Season 3 was intense. I'd highly recommend you have a rethink about it.

And of course BB and The Sopranos are better than Ozark...pointless comparison to make imo. It's like comparing Cardiff and Reading.
    Ok. I may give it another go but when you want the entire Byrd family to die it doesn’t bode well for ongoing interest.
    It goes without saying and I’m sure you will agree. Better Call Saul. I suspect the o/p has seen it though.

Heisenberg

Succession https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7660850/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2I Best thing I've seen on TV for a while. Recently won a lot of Emmys too.

I also watched this over the last couple of nights https://www.itv.com/hub/quiz/2a7854

Thought it was well written, well acted and well directed (by Stephen Frears of High Fidelity, Dirty Pretty Things and Philomena fame).

Michael Sheen as Chris Tarrant and Matthew Macfadyen as Major Charles Ingram.

Ok. I may give it another go but when you want the entire Byrd family to die it doesn’t bode well for ongoing interest.
    It goes without saying and I’m sure you will agree. Better Call Saul. I suspect the o/p has seen it though.
    Better call Saul is class!

I suppose you are right, I quite like Ozark though, there are no much that can compare to the other two, this comes closer than most.

Heisenberg

I felt the same way. I can't really explain just how much better season 3 is, but you'll just have to trust me.

The cartel are more involved in the latest series so it ups the stakes dramatically and it just makes for a much more interesting storyline and potential consequences. They also introduce a new character that changes the Byrd family dynamic and it works really well.

I guarantee you'll like at least 2 people in season 3 and want them to live

As for Better Call Saul... It actually gets better with each season, somehow. I'd say it's as good as BB.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not heard of fleabag but done the rest
    2 series of it on BBC iplayer. Very funny and a bit dark.

I felt the same way. I can't really explain just how much better season 3 is, but you'll just have to trust me.

The cartel are more involved in the latest series so it ups the stakes dramatically and it just makes for a much more interesting storyline and potential consequences. They also introduce a new character that changes the Byrd family dynamic and it works really well.

I guarantee you'll like at least 2 people in season 3 and want them to live

As for Better Call Saul... It actually gets better with each season, somehow. I'd say it's as good as BB.
    BCS is fabulous and as good as BB. Really looking forward to the finale next year.

Has anyone watched End of the f***ing World? Thought it was great. Two young Brit actors. Both funny and a terrific soundtrack. Dark humour. Well worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Better call Saul is class!
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Agree
    Cleverly written, great characters, brilliant direction.

Best British for me was Line Of Duty by a country mile.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is a very special series think its all being re - run now on Sky Comedy.

Count Arthur Strong both TV and Radio versions.

Detectorists was simply brilliant .

Sneaky Pete

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Agree
    Got a bit bored in that last series, seemed to be a forever issue with his brother, was waiting for it to get better but it didn’t seem to and gave up about 6/7 in....loved BB, probably 2 or 3 on my top ten all time...

Succession https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7660850/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2I Best thing I've seen on TV for a while. Recently won a lot of Emmys too.

I also watched this over the last couple of nights https://www.itv.com/hub/quiz/2a7854

Thought it was well written, well acted and well directed (by Stephen Frears of High Fidelity, Dirty Pretty Things and Philomena fame).

Michael Sheen as Chris Tarrant and Matthew Macfadyen as Major Charles Ingram.
    I’ll have a nose at succession too so thanks......and for a few others to save me this next week��

Got a bit bored in that last series, seemed to be a forever issue with his brother, was waiting for it to get better but it didn’t seem to and gave up about 6/7 in....loved BB, probably 2 or 3 on my top ten all time...
    How many series of BCS have you watched? His brother isn’t in after series 3. Thereafter it just gets better and better. Series 4 and 5 are as good as anything I have watched on tv. On the same level as BB.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    2 series of it on BBC iplayer. Very funny and a bit dark.
    I like dark, anyone seen a series called “quarry”, nothing to rave about but was a decent watch.....

How many series of BCS have you watched? His brother isn’t in after series 3. Thereafter it just gets better and better. Series 4 and 5 are as good as anything I have watched on tv. On the same level as BB.
    Maybe 3 was the last one I’ve seen....mike was such a good character it’s worth it for watching him alone

Maybe 3 was the last one I’ve seen....mike was such a good character it’s worth it for watching him alone
    I know a number of people who gave up during s3. I persuaded them to go back and watch it. Each time they have come back and agreed it’s superb. S4 and S5 are brilliant and a step up from the previous series especially as more and more BB characters join the cast.
    Agree on Mike. A great character in both BB and BCS.

Like it that many on here aren’t falling for the description ‘season’ and are referring to them as ‘series’, as far as I’m concerned there are only four seasons.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Like it that many on here aren’t falling for the description ‘season’ and are referring to them as ‘series’, as far as I’m concerned there are only four seasons.
    American TV shows (programmes to you, Steve ) are described as follows: the entirety of the programming is called a 'series'. Each individual run of episodes is called a 'season'.

In the UK, both of those descriptions are called a 'series'.

The language I use is dictated by the origin of the show/programme.

You're welcome

Yep. I’m not American and can cope with still referring to a series rather than a season.

American TV shows (programmes to you, Steve ) are described as follows: the entirety of the programming is called a 'series'. Each individual run of episodes is called a 'season'.

In the UK, both of those descriptions are called a 'series'.

The language I use is dictated by the origin of the show/programme.

You're welcome
    Damn Yankees, they’ll be piloting color tv next

Damn Yankees, they’ll be piloting color tv next
    ..and commercial breaks. I want to keep calling them adverts.

Some great suggestions.

I recently watched Dead to me... Really enjoyed it.
    Christina Applegate is just outstanding with razor sharp wit and put downs. Great premise. Season 2 was also very very good.