+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Decent TV series binge watch?

Re: Decent TV series binge watch?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Suits. I've never binged a show as much as this. I've known to stay up until 2am on a work night. The episodes are only 45 minutes, and I just think "one more". Then when that's over I think "one more". And so on.
    I was out with mates a while back and the three of them all sold this to me big time. I watched an episode and really wasn't bothered. It seems to be very well thought of but it's not my cup of tea.

Binge watched the first series of Succession about three months ago and the fact I’ve not got around to starting the second one tells it’s own story? I wouldn’t say I disliked it, but given all of the hype, I was surprised at how hard I found it to get into and am, clearly not desperate to find out what happens next. Maybe I need to have at least one vaguely sympathetic character in my television series?

There are shedloads of foreign TV series available (and free of charge) via Channel 4's app on smart TVs.
    They tend to be less cheesy, less clichéd than much of Hollywood fare and feature people who don't have perfect teeth and glamorous looks in the lead roles.
    The production values in the Scandi series tend to be top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There are shedloads of foreign TV series available (and free of charge) via Channel 4's app on smart TVs.
    They tend to be less cheesy, less clichéd than much of Hollywood fare and feature people who don't have perfect teeth and glamorous looks in the lead roles.
    The production values in the Scandi series tend to be top notch.
    The Killing and particularly The Bridge (Saga Noren 😍) are among the best tv I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Try The Americans, as I posted above it’s very good.
    Seen it…�� great suspense through it.

Berlin Station on Drama.Just watched the first series.CIA MOSSAD and Germany’s spy agency.

Bosch
    The Bear

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Bosch
    The Bear
    Looking forward to starting Season 2 of this soon!

Spiral French 8 seasons long is a wonderful bing best international drama In my humble opinion .

Deutschland 83, 86, 89 brilliant short binge.

The Shield ‧7 seasons, brutal watch based on a true LA cop unit.

Better Call Saul 6 seasons preferred this to Breaking Bad.

The Wire 5 seasons, compelling brutal watch, used subtitles to get around the American homeboy slangp

Curb Your Enthusiasm, 11 seasons of joy.

The Blacklist, great story James Spader & Hisham Tawfiq have huge screen presence 10 seasons.

Boston Legal James Spader legal drama 5 seasons.

Top Scandinavian TV series:
    The Bridge
    The Killing
    Borgan
    Wallender not English one
    Those Who Kill.

The innocence files is a great watch sadly only one season

Black Mirror - 6 seasons. Every episode a short story. All unrelated but often share common themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Looking forward to starting Season 2 of this soon!
    You won't be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Spiral French 8 seasons long is a wonderful bing best international drama In my humble opinion .
    I recently started this and am enjoying it.

Another superb French series, imo, is the "bureau des legendes". If you liked spiral then it's worth giving this a go.

Couple of older ones I missed the first time around but enjoyed during lockdown.

Justified
    Deadwood

If you like that modern western style with some very nasty violence thrown in

Surprised "The Last Kingdom" (netflix) hasn't been mentioned. Watched it during lockdown and so good we watched it again just before season 5 came out. Fictional character but based on history when the Danes started raiding England. Brutal, big battles, great acting. Need to give it at least 3 episodes, then it just gets better. Season 2/3 best, dipped a bit in season 4 (when the Welsh were involved).

International

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Velvet View Post
    Surprised "The Last Kingdom" (netflix) hasn't been mentioned. Watched it during lockdown and so good we watched it again just before season 5 came out. Fictional character but based on history when the Danes started raiding England. Brutal, big battles, great acting. Need to give it at least 3 episodes, then it just gets better. Season 2/3 best, dipped a bit in season 4 (when the Welsh were involved).
    Yes great series!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Velvet View Post
    The books are an easy read, and the series much better than I expected. But it does bother me that at random times of the day or night I catch myself pronouncing 'Uhtred son of Uhtred..... Destiny is all!'

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    The very best I've seen is Justified. Finished watching the last series about 3 months ago and nothing has come close to it since. It is on Amazon Prime.

Agree really liked Justified. Have you seen Justified: City Primeval

Storyline
    Eight years after he's left Kentucky, Givens is now based in Miami, balancing life as a marshal and part-time father of a 14-year-old girl. A chance encounter on a Florida highway sends him to Detroit and he crosses paths with Clement Mansell, aka The Oklahoma Wildman, a violent sociopath who's already slipped through the fingers of Detroit's finest once and wants to do so again

Just finished watching a true crime documentary called Outcry. “A five-part documentary series examining the gripping story of high school football star Greg Kelley and a quest for truth and justice.”

Highly recommended.

Just got done watching a doc series about how binge-watching series actually makes you thicker.

Can't wait for season 2.

Home and Away

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Just got done watching a doc series about how binge-watching series actually makes you thicker.

Can't wait for season 2.
    Can't work out if this throwaway humour or a deeply insightful comment on contemporary culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Can't wait for season 2.
    Any links I could binge that this week

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Can't work out if this throwaway humour or a deeply insightful comment on contemporary culture.
    That's probably because you've been bingeing too much then

The Hill Street Blues back catalogue is on Channel 4 on demand - always a great watch