+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Decent TV series binge watch?

Re: Decent TV series binge watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Just watched episode 1 of The Reckoning (BBC Drama/Documentary about Savile, played by Steve Coogan).

Coogan has nailed Savile down to a tee.
    It’s absolutely harrowing and very uncomfortable viewing.
    I’ve watched it over the last two nights. Stomach churning. Coogan is fantastic in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Just watched episode 1 of The Reckoning (BBC Drama/Documentary about Savile, played by Steve Coogan).

Coogan has nailed Savile down to a tee.
    It’s absolutely harrowing and very uncomfortable viewing.
    I watched the first episode to see Coogan's performance but can't bring myself to watch three more hours of a paedophile praying on young people.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I watched the first episode to see Coogan's performance but can't bring myself to watch three more hours of a paedophile praying on young people.
    Well he was a Catholic (not a good one though)

why not? you can spend how much time you want. Not knowing what is going on

Just started Mr Inbetween. Decent watch.

The Boys on Amazon , not a super hero fan but this is very clever TV.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    why not? you can spend how much time you want. Not knowing what is going on
    What happened with Saville isn't a mystery especially as I watched the documentary about him a few years ago. I stopped watching the programme because I just get angry that he wasn't stopped and made to pay for his crimes.

If you've got Netflix you could try Lucifer. Basic synopsis is the devil leaves hell and eventually works as a consultant with the LAPD. It's co created by Neil Gaiman so a bit off the wall. Tom Ellis (Lucifer) it turns out to be from Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edwards View Post
    If you've got Netflix you could try Lucifer. Basic synopsis is the devil leaves hell and eventually works as a consultant with the LAPD. It's co created by Neil Gaiman so a bit off the wall. Tom Ellis (Lucifer) it turns out to be from Cardiff.
    His dad a chap called Chris Ellis was the Head Boy of Cathays High School when I was there in the late 60's

I am currently watching Ash vs Evil Dead.
    Hilarious, scary, ridiculously gory and utterly bonkers!

Finished the Long Shadow this morning - worth a watch and you won’t be surprised to hear the police don’t come out of it well.

What happened with Saville isn't a mystery especially as I watched the documentary about him a few years ago. I stopped watching the programme because I just get angry that he wasn't stopped and made to pay for his crimes.
    I agree with you. I watched the first episode yesterday. Good though Coogan is, I'm not sure I can stomach 3 more episodes. Even more depressing to know that even in his early radio Luxembourg days some had already seen him for the piece of shit he was.