+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can't Be To Unhappy With That...

Can't Be To Unhappy With That...

Second half we showed more urgency and committed men forward, pressed Bournemouth in the final third forcing them into the odd mistake and generally making life difficult for them. If only Glatzel had an extra yard of pace, a bit more strength and a nasty streak, he'd be a player at this level.

My main gripe is Harris' reluctance to deviate from shape until we go a goal down. We are decent defensively but struggle in possession at times, especially in defensive areas. I think that we look a better outfit when we press higher up the pitch, it can lead to space behind and we have to be very fit to play that way. I'd like to see more of it.

Re: Can't Be To Unhappy With That...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If only Glatzel had an extra yard of pace, a bit more strength and a nasty streak, he'd be a player at this level.
    Probably why he's with us and not someone better.

Re: Can't Be To Unhappy With That...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Second half we showed more urgency and committed men forward, pressed Bournemouth in the final third forcing them into the odd mistake and generally making life difficult for them. If only Glatzel had an extra yard of pace, a bit more strength and a nasty streak, he'd be a player at this level.

My main gripe is Harris' reluctance to deviate from shape until we go a goal down. We are decent defensively but struggle in possession at times, especially in defensive areas. I think that we look a better outfit when we press higher up the pitch, it can lead to space behind and we have to be very fit to play that way. I'd like to see more of it.
    I think we are work n progress on that front. Bournemouth have the nucleus of the team that unluckily got relegated. Think we bucked the trend to get a creditable draw though the Smithies save was by far the best I have seen with the aid of a scrolling toolbar!