+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: MOTM

MOTM

Surprised there wasn't a thread about this already? A couple of contenders for last night Smithies and Wilson, Glatzel and Ojo had decent games and the youngster Bagan had a solid league debut, it could be argued that even if Bennett was fit for Saturday that he should keep the shirt on that performance?

Re: MOTM

Bennett is still a much better player at this level - at the moment.
    however if we want Bagan to reach that level then he needs to play regularly at this stage of his career
    I don't mind if they bring Bennett back in as long as Bagan can still play 1 in 2 or 1 In 3 games.

Smithies for that save.

Followed by Wilson

Id go Smithies 9 Bacuna 6 Bagan 6 Morrison 7 Nelson 7 Pack 5 Vaulks 6 Ojo 7 Hoillet 7 Wilson 8 Glatzel 6.

Im not knocking Pack for the sake of it either played well v Preston thought he struggled last night.

We need our first choice full backs in. Bagan needs a place on the bench instead of one of the centre backs.

I thought Glatzel really put a shift in and was worth more than a 6. It was a big game for him to show he can compete with Moore, and for me he did that.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Surprised there wasn't a thread about this already? A couple of contenders for last night Smithies and Wilson, Glatzel and Ojo had decent games and the youngster Bagan had a solid league debut, it could be argued that even if Bennett was fit for Saturday that he should keep the shirt on that performance?

Encouraging though Bagan's debut was if Bennett is fit he will play. There's no debate on that.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Glatzel?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post

Encouraging though Bagan's debut was if Bennett is fit he will play. There's no debate on that.

StT.
    <><
    I hope we will make time for players like Bagan to get game time and develop - otherwise they are never going to have the chance to become good enough.

Sure Bennnett is absolutely first choice, but say he doesn't get any more injuries this season and Bagan doesn't get any game time, then next season Bennett and Cunningham are gone and Bagan hasn't had enough time to flourish at this level.

Even if Bennett is fit I'd like to see us giving Bagan every other game or something like that.

I thought Glatzel was weak but he does make some clever runs. Hopefully with Wilson & Tomlin behind him, he may start to be picked out a bit more.

Moore is just a better version of Paterson.

Smithies for me followed by Wilson. It’s good to see a player like Wilson so keen to get on the ball and put himself in a position to score.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    I thought Glatzel was weak but he does make some clever runs. Hopefully with Wilson & Tomlin behind him, he may start to be picked out a bit more.

Moore can actually hold the ball up, has a good touch, decently quick and can actually direct his headers. He's a huge upgrade on Paterson

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Moore can actually hold the ball up, has a good touch, decently quick and can actually direct his headers. He's a huge upgrade on Paterson
    A considerable upgrade on Pato who I liked as a reliable squad man , he has a great touch ,pace ,strength and he can head a ball ,whats not to like , I had my doubts , yes its early doors, so far he looks the deal .

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post

A better version of Paterson in that Paterson is a footballer and Moore is a much better version of a footballer. His version of movement, position, ball control, finishing, heading etc etc is better than Paterson's. He's probably even a better right back than Paterson.

I agree with many of the general comments about Moore on here and I was surprised to see him on the bench on Wednesday, but I thought our attacking play carried more threat while Glatzel was on - this may have had something to do with Ojo, who I thought had his best game so far, being replaced at around the same time by Murphy, a player who I would like to see feature more than he has been but, like Moore, he didn't contribute a great deal when he came on.

There has only been a short time between the end of one season and the beginning of the next, some players had the luxury of a break, whilst others were on International duty, so it makes sense that Harris rotates the squad to keep things fresh.
    Pack played well in the last two games, but in the game on Wednesday he wasn't involved half as much, and probably needs to be on the bench this Saturday
    I hope Glatzel comes good as we can't expect Moore to play the Centre forward role with 8 out 10 performances week in week out.
    Joel Bagan did enough to keep the shirt for Saturday and if that means Bennett gets more time to fully recover it's a bonus in my view
    Ideally a front four of Murphy, Tomlin, Wilson and Moore should in theory rip defences apart, but I doubt will see 30 + games with that line up