+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paterson MoM last night, scoring with great header....how did we let him go?

Paterson MoM last night, scoring with great header....how did we let him go?

Owls fans seem to have warmed to him already, liking his work rate and his end-product last night when he out-muscled a defender to score with a diving header. Followed by a typically naff goal 'bunny-hop' celebration.

I must confess I watched this match on Sky while listening to radio commentary of the City game.

Re: Paterson MoM last night, scoring with great header....how did we let him go?

I would have preferred to keep him to Glatzle to be honest.

Re: Paterson MoM last night, scoring with great header....how did we let him go?

I guess we needed him off of the wage bill to be able to bring in Harry Wilson.
    I know who I'd prefer.

Harris, Patterson, Flint...fair bit of talent there that we've let go to Sheff Wednesday.

I feel Harris and Patterson went a bit too soon but I must say, was not too impressed with Flint.

If it means letting a Patterson go to get a Harry Wilson of Keiffer Moore, then you'd take that all day long I think.

I was a big fan of Patts, not too many genuine characters in the game these days, loved that he didn't take himself so seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I would have preferred to keep him to Glatzle to be honest.
    The relative merits of Paterson and Glatzel are eclipsed by the simple fact that Paterson is very comfortable at Championship level, and Glatzel certainly isn't.

Re Paterson's goal celebrations: from what I know of visualisation in sport to improve performance, Paterson clearly spends a lot of time rehearsing his celebrations.
    Does this subconsciously improve his chances of scoring?

In fairness, Paterson took the goal well. I can’t recall him scoring a goal like that for City.

Goal: Paterson
    Assist: Harris
    Involved in game: Flint

Like a Cardiff 2nd 11

It was quite obvious that NH couldn't fit Paterson into any playing system he employed. Not a target man a la Keiffer Moore, not a midfielder and not a full back either.

No doubting he is a character but an expensive one to keep on the wage bill for that purpose only.

he had his moments, but i dont regret hes gone

Interesting that Garry Monk has brought Paterson in as a forward. I think there were City fans who thought Paterson wasn't up to the job because he was signed as a right back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Interesting that Garry Monk has brought Paterson in as a forward. I think there were City fans who thought Paterson wasn't up to the job because he was signed as a right back.
    There were also City fans who thought that we should be playing Paterson as a right-back because we signed him as one 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    There were also City fans who thought that we should be playing Paterson as a right-back because we signed him as one 3 years ago.
    That's my comment. It's ludicrous, isn't it?

That's my comment. It's ludicrous, isn't it?
    I read some things on here about Paterson and genuinely wonder if the people writing them actually saw how he played for us last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    Harris, Patterson, Flint...fair bit of talent there that we've let go to Sheff Wednesday.

I feel Harris and Patterson went a bit too soon but I must say, was not too impressed with Flint.

If it means letting a Patterson go to get a Harry Wilson of Keiffer Moore, then you'd take that all day long I think.

I was a big fan of Patts, not too many genuine characters in the game these days, loved that he didn't take himself so seriously.
    I think the sale of Harris , Patterson and Flint loan greatly reduced the wage bill , and allowed us to look for a different set of players . Moore and Wilson are great accusations, Ojo is showing he has dangerous pace and scored a good goal , best to look forward now .

Flint has only gone on loan hasn’t he ?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    it is like saying Bale should play at LB for spurs, as that is what they signed him as...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The relative merits of Paterson and Glatzel are eclipsed by the simple fact that Paterson is very comfortable at Championship level, and Glatzel certainly isn't.
    That is true although I think of it more as Pats out and Moore and Wilson in. I know what we'd all prefer.

For whatever reason, Paterson was not working here. After lockdown he didn't score and Moore is a better player. Good luck to him but he wouldn't get in ahead of Moore, Wilson or Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    For whatever reason, Paterson was not working here. After lockdown he didn't score and Moore is a better player. Good luck to him but he wouldn't get in ahead of Moore, Wilson or Tomlin.
    No, but I reckon he would have been a better alternative to Glatzel.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Spot on!

You did see him at the back end of last season? He was honking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You did see him at the back end of last season? He was HONKING.

Were the showers not working at CCS ??

It will ware thin over time, he has the effort no doubt.

He wasn’t last season

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Owls fans seem to have warmed to him already, liking his work rate and his end-product last night when he out-muscled a defender to score with a diving header. Followed by a typically naff goal 'bunny-hop' celebration.

I must confess I watched this match on Sky while listening to radio commentary of the City game.
    Probably because he is an extremely limited footballer player . If football was all about endeavour he would have been a world beater .
    Goodbye , thanks , good luck . He will need it .