+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cutting grass verges?

Cutting grass verges?

During the lockdown many grass verges remained uncut.

Question: If you lived on the end of a block or a detached property, would you keep the verge tidy?

What's the point of having a lovely garden if its like a jungle on the other side of your picket fence?

The guy who lives on the end of our block is always doing DIY jobs or cleaning his car but he ignores a 6 foot strip of land because "it's not his".

Surely his mower cable can extend to doing a bit extra?

Anyway, he's done it now and made a point of showing me! !

Re: Cutting grass verges?

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post

Question: If you lived on the end of a block or a detached property, would you keep the verge tidy?

What's the point of having a lovely garden if its like a jungle on the other side of your picket fence?

The guy who lives on the end of our block is always doing DIY jobs or cleaning his car but he ignores a 6 foot strip of land because "it's not his".

I would do it personally, it makes your property look better, in Rhiwbina at the moment about a third do it two thirds don't as you say it spoils the look of their property.

Those Home Bargains extension leads aren’t the longest, perhaps he’s had a trip to the middle aisle at Aldi and picked a longer one up!!

They remain uncut to encourage wildlife. Happens by us now. They cut certain bits and leave others.

yes i take care of a hedge that grows alongside no one else near has bothered