+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WAG to take over control of trains confirmed

Re: WAG to take over control of trains confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Pray tell how building a depot solves the public transport problem?
    Were you being obnoxious?

Were you being a clown?

Not sure what your problem is here?

New, cleaner more efficient, reliable, frequent train service.
    What's not to like?

more spraff from the politicians. The metro idea has been around for over a decade and in that time all we've had are trains given a paint job. If we had as much activity with boots on the ground as we did with the WG's PR department, we'd have a public transport system on a parallel to Berlin
    They've owned Cardiff Airport for a while haven't they , still waiting for a decent track and trace system for all flights for all arrivals and departures.

mine opinion is based on working with them and not ideology. half are too scared to make a decision.
    And the other half? That's my point.

The current model where private companies can milk customers and government during good times for their shareholders then quit when times get tough clearly doesn't work.

Are there any alternatives other than public ownership or no train service?

Actually coronavirus has shown that many businesses are not very resilient so perhaps we need an alternative to capitalism and continual financial growth as there should be more to life than making money.

Which mate of Drakeford, will get the job of running it, on £250,000 per year, for a 3 day working week ??

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Were you being obnoxious?

Were you being a clown?

Not sure what your problem is here?
    I wasn't being obnoxious or a clown. I just don't see the need to jump for joy at todays news. Time will tell whether your joyous abandon is warranted or not.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    And the other half? That's my point.
    The other half are on the sick or having a duvet day

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Nationalise the trains , buses , gas , water , electricity etc and bring back social care into local authority teams instead of allowing private companies to make huge profits in delivering shit services

Naff off thatcher
    I've told you before about local authority statutory care run by local authorities. Ask for help and they say they haven't the staff to help. Nationalised care via local authorities stinks. I can also tell you about nationalised trains. I used to catch the 06.40 out of Cardiff to Paddington up to 5 days a week. The service was abysmal and only improved when BR were competing for the contract which they eventually lost. I know costs have escalated but use of the trains has increased markedly over the years. However, I think ticketing should be centralised.

As for nationalised electricity power cuts due to industrial action were the order of the day. I remember well cooking a meal and boiling a kettle on a camping stove. Thank gawd those days are over. If you don't remember those days you must be younger than I thought. Just imagine if secondary picketing and workers holding the country to ransom. That's nationalisation for you.

Says all we need to know about you Mr Gammon

So half of the civil servants you have worked with are too scared to make a decision and the other half are throwing a sickie. Is this the bit where you prove that you weren't being obnoxious or a clown?

Feedback

Far from gammon, pal.

I just have little confidence in WG to deliver.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    So half of the civil servants you have worked with are too scared to make a decision and the other half are throwing a sickie. Is this the bit where you prove that you weren't being obnoxious or a clown?
    Well, quite.

so you agree with me, its best not to have public sector workers near the operation, and bringing in those with experience of business is the way forward.

it was a hard slog, but we get there in the end.
    Ah, so you're not against public ownership then?

Far from gammon, pal.

Neither have I. And I am neither obnoxious nor a clown. You are more gammon than a ham sandwich mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I've told you before about local authority statutory care run by local authorities. Ask for help and they say they haven't the staff to help. Nationalised care via local authorities stinks. I can also tell you about nationalised trains. I used to catch the 06.40 out of Cardiff to Paddington up to 5 days a week. The service was abysmal and only improved when BR were competing for the contract which they eventually lost. I know costs have escalated but use of the trains has increased markedly over the years. However, I think ticketing should be centralised.

As for nationalised electricity power cuts due to industrial action were the order of the day. I remember well cooking a meal and boiling a kettle on a camping stove. Thank gawd those days are over. If you don't remember those days you must be younger than I thought. Just imagine if secondary picketing and workers holding the country to ransom. That's nationalisation for you.
    Thatcherite nonsense , stick it up your arse

My mother and father had superb care from the NHS and social services on leaving hospital

6 weeks later they were handed over to private carers who turned up late and couldn't wait to get on to the next job

I used to catch the train before privatisation , the service was far better and more reliable

and British Rail before it, whilst in public ownership, was a shining light on rail operation anywhere in the world.

the UK rail system is a shambles, it has been for years, and going back to public ownership won't change that.
    it was better than the shitestorm we have now

ain't that the truth

Well, quite.
    you clown

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Ah, so you're not against public ownership then?
    Public private partnership can work. To be honest, I dont really care, as long as good services are delivered.

Feedback

Neither have I. And I am neither obnoxious nor a clown. You are more gammon than a ham sandwich mate.
    Whatever treacle.

Far from gammon, pal.

I was wondering, do you still drive over to Bristol to pay for your prescriptions?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was wondering, do you still drive over to Bristol to pay for your prescriptions?
    Haha, good memory.

Whatever treacle.
    It works with a comma after WHATEVER ...otherwise it makes about as much sense as you do.

Feedback

It works with a comma after WHATEVER ...otherwise it makes about as much sense as you do.
    Whatever tweacle