+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: QAnon - mad or bad?

QAnon - mad or bad?

The poison seems to be spreading amongst the feeble minded and those who exploit them!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...heories-survey

One in four people in Britain agree with conspiracies propagated by QAnon, the global movement claiming there is a secret satanic network of child-abusing politicians and celebrities, a survey has found.

The research for Hope Not Hate also found that 17% of people questioned said they believed Covid-19 was intentionally released as part of a “depopulation plan” by the UN or “new world order”.

It found that QAnon, which originated in the US where the FBI has designated it as a potential terror threat, is making particular inroads among young people.

While 6% of those polled claimed to support QAnon, larger percentages supported broader, linked conspiracies. A quarter (25%) agreed that “secret satanic cults exist and include influential elites”. This rose to 35% among people aged 18-24. A similar proportion (26%) agreed that “elites in Hollywood, politics, the media and other powerful positions” are secretly engaging in large-scale child trafficking and abuse.

There was more support (29%) for the claim that there is “a single group of people who secretly control events and rule the world together” regardless of who is in government. This was believed by 42% of 25- to 34-year-olds.

Analysis by the Guardian last month found that QAnon was gaining ground across UK social media, propelled by a loose coalition of spirituality and wellness groups, vigilante “paedophile hunter” networks, pre-existing conspiracy forums, local news pages, pro-Brexit campaigners and the far right.

To answer my own question - mad and bad!

Re: QAnon - mad or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The poison seems to be spreading amongst the feeble minded and those who exploit them!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...heories-survey

One in four people in Britain agree with conspiracies propagated by QAnon, the global movement claiming there is a secret satanic network of child-abusing politicians and celebrities, a survey has found.

The research for Hope Not Hate also found that 17% of people questioned said they believed Covid-19 was intentionally released as part of a “depopulation plan” by the UN or “new world order”.

It found that QAnon, which originated in the US where the FBI has designated it as a potential terror threat, is making particular inroads among young people.

While 6% of those polled claimed to support QAnon, larger percentages supported broader, linked conspiracies. A quarter (25%) agreed that “secret satanic cults exist and include influential elites”. This rose to 35% among people aged 18-24. A similar proportion (26%) agreed that “elites in Hollywood, politics, the media and other powerful positions” are secretly engaging in large-scale child trafficking and abuse.

There was more support (29%) for the claim that there is “a single group of people who secretly control events and rule the world together” regardless of who is in government. This was believed by 42% of 25- to 34-year-olds.

Analysis by the Guardian last month found that QAnon was gaining ground across UK social media, propelled by a loose coalition of spirituality and wellness groups, vigilante “paedophile hunter” networks, pre-existing conspiracy forums, local news pages, pro-Brexit campaigners and the far right.

To answer my own question - mad and bad!
    There is obviously a rich seam to exploit. People who are disappointed with their lot may find blaming "them", whoever they are more convenient that addressing the things they can control.

I have less sympathy with the second group, those who think they have been granted a special gift of insight because they choose to believe anything that comes from the mainstream is less credible than if it comes from the fringes. It seems to give them a belief that they are somehow special themselves and are ripe pickings for the manipulators and exploiters like QAnon.

https://www.politico.eu/article/qano...irus-protests/

I don't know anything about them. I think they're against peadophilia.

Dangerous people

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Is that something to do with interfering with vegetables?
    In a bed or up against a wall perhaps.

As opposed to those that are for it ?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    As opposed to those that are for it ?
    It was a Trump quote

It was a Trump quote
    I wouldn't quote Thrump if i were you