+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BBC TELEPRINTER

Re: BBC TELEPRINTER

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I loved the way you could tell whether you'd won lost or draw before the score was announced, just by the way the announcer said the team names
    That wasn’t the vidiprinter... that was Final Score when all the results had been transposed onto charts.

The vidiprinter used to start around 4.40 and Frank Bough was the first presenter of Grandstand that I remember.

Hilariously (or so it seemed at the time) when someone farted in school it was always ‘Have you Franked?’

By spooky coincidence Frank Bough died today.

I was about to post the same thing.
    Liked old Frank

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    By spooky coincidence Frank Bough died today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I was about to post the same thing.
    Liked old Frank

CCMB doing a Ramsey !!!!!

International

That wasn’t the vidiprinter... that was Final Score when all the results had been transposed onto charts.

The vidiprinter used to start around 4.40 and Frank Bough was the first presenter of Grandstand that I remember.

Hilariously (or so it seemed at the time) when someone farted in school it was always ‘Have you Franked?’
    I always thought David Coleman was the first presenter of grandstand.

Grandstand
    In October 1958, the BBC's Head of Sport Peter Dimmock recruited Coleman to be the presenter of the new Saturday afternoon sports programme Grandstand. He continued as the regular presenter until 1968. He also presented the BBC Sports Personality of the Year from 1961, and Sportsnight from 1968 to 1972 as well as other special sporting events such as the Grand National. He even covered the return of The Beatles from the United States and the 1959 General Election for the BBC from the Press Association headquarters.

As well as a presenter, Coleman was also a sports commentator. He presented and/or commentated on 11 Olympic Games from Rome 1960 to Sydney 2000, as well as eight Commonwealth Games. He covered a total of seven World Cups, both as a commentator and a presenter.#

however he did miss the very first one because he was ill.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I always thought David Coleman was the first presenter of grandstand.

Grandstand
    In October 1958, the BBC's Head of Sport Peter Dimmock recruited Coleman to be the presenter of the new Saturday afternoon sports programme Grandstand. He continued as the regular presenter until 1968. He also presented the BBC Sports Personality of the Year from 1961, and Sportsnight from 1968 to 1972 as well as other special sporting events such as the Grand National. He even covered the return of The Beatles from the United States and the 1959 General Election for the BBC from the Press Association headquarters.

As well as a presenter, Coleman was also a sports commentator. He presented and/or commentated on 11 Olympic Games from Rome 1960 to Sydney 2000, as well as eight Commonwealth Games. He covered a total of seven World Cups, both as a commentator and a presenter.#

however he did miss the very first one because he was ill.
    He may well have been, but that’s not what I wrote

All this used to be fields.

International

He may well have been, but that’s not what I wrote