+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Measure Ozil

Measure Ozil

Mesut Ozil. Bloody predictive text and why can’t you edit title?

He could be right!

German midfielder Mesut Ozil, 32, believes commercial interests in China are behind Arsenal's decision to leave him out of their Premier League and Europa League squads.

Didn’t he raise concerns regarding human rights for the Ughills (Spelling) in China.
    Last edited by Cleve van Leef; 22-10-20 at 17:45. Reason: Friggin predictive text

Re: Measure Ozil

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

He could be right!

German midfielder Mesut Ozil, 32, believes commercial interests in China are behind Arsenal's decision to leave him out of their Premier League and Europa League squads.

Didn’t he raise concerns regarding human rights for the Ughills (Spelling) in China.
    Yep and I hope they fall flat on their faces and have a shite season because of it.
    Judging by tonight’s performance they need Ozil more than he needs them.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Yep and I hope they fall flat on their faces and have a shite season because of it.
    Judging by tonight’s performance they need Ozil more than he needs them.
    Problem for Ozil is that he is unlikely to play for another top European team after his spell ends at Arsenal.

No big teams would want to damage relations with the Asian market.

There are also rumours that he made too much noise about other players taking a pay-cut to save jobs only for those jobs to go anyway.

Arsenal have what appears to be a good manager and good young players coming through so not sure they'll miss Ozil but these rumours remind us that, for his flaws, he's a charitable person and the owners of Arsenal are not. Just another step towards football eating itself really.

I mean, there were signs to suggest that China was (still are?) committing genocide so "concerns about human rights" is quite a soft way of describing it.

Wasn't he out of favour a lot last season though, played 18 league games and don't think he impressed much from memory. As far as conspiracies go I'd go more for the fact he didn't take a pay cut along with two others (not that I blame him) .

More likely he is on a decent wage, not in favour and ultimately they want him out in the next window.

I think it's just a case of Arteta not wanting Ozil playing for him.
    I've always thought he was one of those players who didn't roll his sleeves up when the going got tough.
    No doubting the man's talent but horses for courses.

Arrogant view too.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I think it's just a case of Arteta not wanting Ozil playing for him.
    I've always thought he was one of those players who didn't roll his sleeves up when the going got tough.
    No doubting the man's talent but horses for courses.

Arrogant view too.
    Mesut Ozil has 50 more assists than David Silva in 70 less games. He's good enough to get into a 25 man squad. His absence is not solely down to football.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Mesut Ozil has 50 more assists than David Silva in 70 less games. He's good enough to get into a 25 man squad. His absence is not solely down to football.
    He is an exceptional footballer. Arsenal have been a poorly managed team for most of his time there. Not his fault.

I don't watch much football on the telly but Germany humiliating Brazil is by far and away my most memorable and favourite game I've seen on the telly. And that includes our win at Fulham in the 1990s. Ozil is an incredible footballer and part of that exceptional German side that id rather watch than any international team I've seen my lifetime. They are the 1970s Brazil of my generation. That he is clearly a decent person is helpful too. I can't believe that arsenal cant make use of him. Hes 32, and probably still a genius. David luiz made the squad. He's shit. Ozil actually apologised to luiz for humiliating him at international level. Not to take the piss, but of sheer sympathy. He's world class, strangled at a club that's been hampered by poor management since Wenger past his sell by date some years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    He is an exceptional footballer. Arsenal have been a poorly managed team for most of his time there. Not his fault.

I don't watch much football on the telly but Germany humiliating Brazil is by far and away my most memorable and favourite game I've seen on the telly. And that includes our win at Fulham in the 1990s. Ozil is an incredible footballer and part of that exceptional German side that id rather watch than any international team I've seen my lifetime. They are the 1970s Brazil of my generation. That he is clearly a decent person is helpful too. I can't believe that arsenal cant make use of him. Hes 32, and probably still a genius. David luiz made the squad. He's shit. Ozil actually apologised to luiz for humiliating him at international level. Not to take the piss, but of sheer sympathy. He's world class, strangled at a club that's been hampered by poor management since Wenger past his sell by date some years ago.
    My favourite game as well, watching the germans dismantle Brazil at their own gig was a thing of beauty, not least of all because Brazil had to have two hits at their anthem. The Fulham game, wasn't that a friday night, 4-1 to us on sky, Simon Howarth with a goal or the 3-1 where City fans performed a bit and Blakey hit that free kick, 1993?

The fulham game was about 1996 I think. The Jeff Eckhart one. Amazing

But as you say,nothing beats Germany murdering Brazil in their own home. Germany were amazing. Direct, rapid, original and clinical. everything we are brought up to believe Brazil represent but Ronaldo aside, Brazil have been a cynical, overrated gang of primadonnas in my lifetime. I absolutely loved watching as germany tore them to bits and ozil was the ringleader in what was football's greatest show. No final has even come close to that game.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    My favourite game as well, watching the germans dismantle Brazil at their own gig was a thing of beauty, not least of all because Brazil had to have two hits at their anthem. The Fulham game, wasn't that a friday night, 4-1 to us on sky, Simon Howarth with a goal or the 3-1 where City fans performed a bit and Blakey hit that free kick, 1993?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmfGLmGxY_k

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

He could be right!

180cm