+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 81

Thread: Marcus Rashford

  1. #31

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Where does this fit in with the priorities of Homelessness, NHS funding, Housing and feeding Asylum Seekers, Mental Health Funding, Covid Bail Outs, Police Reform, Smaller Classes, Cutting Carbon Emissions, Foreign Aid Budget?

  2. #32

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Great to see a local MP sticking to his guns and voting against the bill in Alun Cairns. This the same bloke who recently claimed MP expenses for buying the Sunday Sun, Sunday Telegraph, The Mail on Sunday, Daily Telegraph, The Sun and The Daily Mail.

    Wonder if he’s sabotaged any rape cases recently?

  3. #33

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    why should people have to like him ?
    They don’t. You’ve got to admire his stance and passion for supporting that cause though?

    If he’s been shagging your missus, then I get your apparent dislike to him?

  4. #34

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    why should people have to like him ?
    What is there not to like about Marcus Rashford? Among his many talents is, as far as I'm aware, maintaining a neutrality when it comes to party politics which shames so many of his elders, myself included.

    I can think of three groups of people who would have an issue with Rashford - first, those who think he is making life awkward for the UK Government, second rabid anti Man United fans and third people who don't like the colour of his skin.

    On the first of those, I'll try to emulate Marcus Rashford, by not getting party political and observe that it is incredibly bad politics for any party to have got themselves into a position where they are seen, rightly or wrongly, to have denied children of the poorest families the chance of free meals. The implication of voting the way so many did this week is that they think Rashford's campaign is wrong and the overwhelming majority of the country appear to disagree with that view - as I say, incredibly bad politics.

  5. #35

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    why should people have to like him ?
    It’s not a question of like or dislike, it’s the fact he deserves admiration for not forgetting his roots and his determination to help underprivileged children.

  6. #36

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Great to see a local MP sticking to his guns and voting against the bill in Alun Cairns. This the same bloke who recently claimed MP expenses for buying the Sunday Sun, Sunday Telegraph, The Mail on Sunday, Daily Telegraph, The Sun and The Daily Mail.

    Wonder if he’s sabotaged any rape cases recently?
    as expense claims go that sounds pretty reasonable to me

  7. #37

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Where does this fit in with the priorities of Homelessness, NHS funding, Housing and feeding Asylum Seekers, Mental Health Funding, Covid Bail Outs, Police Reform, Smaller Classes, Cutting Carbon Emissions, Foreign Aid Budget?
    All of those should be a priority But for the Tories they are not and never will be, sadly.

    And if each of those issues had a Marcus Rashford they would be higher priorities and higher up in the public discourse.

    The reason why school meals is Rashfords issue is that he was a recipient of free school meals therefore personally passionate about the issue.
    I also received free school meals for a time when my parents were struggling to pay the bills during the mid 80s. They worked hard and didn't waste money, but times were tough. I find some of the comments and attacks on parents on twitter appalling. Yes some parents are negligent but they are the exception not the rule.

  8. #38

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What is there not to like about Marcus Rashford? Among his many talents is, as far as I'm aware, maintaining a neutrality when it comes to party politics which shames so many of his elders, myself included.

    I can think of three groups of people who would have an issue with Rashford - first, those who think he is making life awkward for the UK Government, second rabid anti Man United fans and third people who don't like the colour of his skin.

    On the first of those, I'll try to emulate Marcus Rashford, by not getting party political and observe that it is incredibly bad politics for any party to have got themselves into a position where they are seen, rightly or wrongly, to have denied children of the poorest families the chance of free meals. The implication of voting the way so many did this week is that they think Rashford's campaign is wrong and the overwhelming majority of the country appear to disagree with that view - as I say, incredibly bad politics.
    I certainly don't fit into any of those categories you elude to. Campaigns brought to mainstream attention via a celebrity are always going to put any government on a hiding to nothing, whatever the merits of the case. The govt. gave him an MBE within what seemed like days, yet Jimmy Greaves, arguably the best ever goalscorer in English football and is 80+ and very poorly, gets sweet F.all

  9. #39

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I certainly don't fit into any of those categories you elude to. Campaigns brought to mainstream attention via a celebrity are always going to put any government on a hiding to nothing, whatever the merits of the case. The govt. gave him an MBE within what seemed like days, yet Jimmy Greaves, arguably the best ever goalscorer in English football and is 80+ and very poorly, gets sweet F.all
    Got to be honest, wasn't expecting to see the Tories get bashed for that as well. Can't catch a break, can they?

  10. #40

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    as expense claims go that sounds pretty reasonable to me
    I'm assuming the narcissistic twaat was in the papers on those weeks?

  11. #41

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Got to be honest, wasn't expecting to see the Tories get bashed for that as well. Can't catch a break, can they?
    I said the same to Lord Evgeny Lebedev just the other day.

  12. #42

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I certainly don't fit into any of those categories you elude to. Campaigns brought to mainstream attention via a celebrity are always going to put any government on a hiding to nothing, whatever the merits of the case. The govt. gave him an MBE within what seemed like days, yet Jimmy Greaves, arguably the best ever goalscorer in English football and is 80+ and very poorly, gets sweet F.all
    The fact that your contribution to a thread about how Marcus Rashford is a good person for trying to help underprivileged kids is how unfair it is that Jimmy Greaves didn't get an MBE is pretty mad tbh

  13. #43

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    I can only think some people dislike the public admiration of this young man because they hate the piss poor government of their choice being shown up for it's callousness.

  14. #44

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I can only think some people dislike the public admiration of this young man because they hate the piss poor government of their choice being shown up for it's callousness.
    You’re being unfair on the likes of Quiet Monkfish there. I’ve no doubt a mature adult would be able to acknowledge the cruelty and unfairness of the governments policy, which leads me to the conclusion he’s happy with the fact that kids will be going hungry.

  15. #45

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    You’re being unfair on the likes of Quiet Monkfish there. I’ve no doubt a mature adult would be able to acknowledge the cruelty and unfairness of the governments policy, which leads me to the conclusion he’s happy with the fact that kids will be going hungry.
    Rob is there anywhere in town that’s accepting Xmas presents for under privelaged children? Do the food bank take Xmas presents? Me and the missus have decided to spend a bit less on the girls this year and buy a few gifts for the poor. I got to be honest it’s the likes of Marcus Rashford that have made me think more of doing this kind of thing. How anyone could dislike him for trying to do his best to feed hungry children is mind boggling.

  16. #46

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    What shall we spend money on?

    Thousands of pounds on a water cannon which can't be used legally in the UK - yes.
    A billion pound bribe to the DUP - yes.
    Millions of pounds to different companies who have not produced PPE previously, who cannot produce PPE to required standards - yes.

    Feeding hungry children during a pandemic? There is no magic money tree, sorry.
    And the Garden Bridge - £43m of public money spaffed against the wall!

  17. #47

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Rob is there anywhere in town that’s accepting Xmas presents for under privelaged children? Do the food bank take Xmas presents? Me and the missus have decided to spend a bit less on the girls this year and buy a few gifts for the poor. I got to be honest it’s the likes of Marcus Rashford that have made me think more of doing this kind of thing. How anyone could dislike him for trying to do his best to feed hungry children is mind boggling.
    There'll be a number of shoe box appeals about and I'd imagine collection points in Merthyr with Samaritans and Salvation Army do the national ones. The council usually have a scheme to although I'm not sure how the pandemic has affected that? Always a decent cause and I'm no lover of the happy clapper brigades.

    Perhaps I'm being a little facetious about people wanting kids to go hungry. I cant believe anyone would be that big of a cuunt. Apart from 320 Tory MPs who obviously are.

  18. #48

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Where does this fit in with the priorities of Homelessness (Juan Mata), NHS funding(Chris Smalling), Housing and feeding Asylum Seekers (Daniel James), Mental Health Funding (Paul Pogba), Covid Bail Outs (Harry Maguire), Police Reform (Jesse Lingard), Smaller Classes (David De Gea), Cutting Carbon Emissions (Dean Henderson), Foreign Aid Budget (Van De Beek)?
    I believe these Utd players have taken on those issues. Dick!

  19. #49
    International City123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,687

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    the disappointing thing is that we even need to have MR doing this, how did a 1st world country get to such a stage where kids are going hungry
    My thoughts exactly, 6th largest economy on the planet and its down to a footballer to try and get the government to feed kids

    What a great man Rashford is

  20. #50

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I certainly don't fit into any of those categories you elude to. Campaigns brought to mainstream attention via a celebrity are always going to put any government on a hiding to nothing, whatever the merits of the case. The govt. gave him an MBE within what seemed like days, yet Jimmy Greaves, arguably the best ever goalscorer in English football and is 80+ and very poorly, gets sweet F.all
    The UK honours and awards system needs reviewing. People shouldn't get awards just for doing a job for which they are often handsomely paid or because of a political party they belong to and should be about selfless acts to help others such as volunteering or using their celebrity status to help worthwhile causes.

  21. #51

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The UK honours and awards system needs reviewing. People shouldn't get awards just for doing a job for which they are often handsomely paid or because of a political party they belong to and should be about selfless acts to help others such as volunteering or using their celebrity status to help worthwhile causes.
    The earlier comparison with Jimmy Greaves didn't work for me because, surely, Marcus Rashford's award was more for about non footballing matters than footballing ones?

  22. #52

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Rob is there anywhere in town that’s accepting Xmas presents for under privelaged children? Do the food bank take Xmas presents? Me and the missus have decided to spend a bit less on the girls this year and buy a few gifts for the poor. I got to be honest it’s the likes of Marcus Rashford that have made me think more of doing this kind of thing. How anyone could dislike him for trying to do his best to feed hungry children is mind boggling.
    Well done to you JR, I'm going to do the same

  23. #53

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The earlier comparison with Jimmy Greaves didn't work for me because, surely, Marcus Rashford's award was more for about non footballing matters than footballing ones?
    Exactly Bob, why exceptionally well paid people should be awarded gongs for just doing their jobs I'll never know

  24. #54

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Shows how partisan politics has become, can anyone give me a good reason for underprivileged kids not getting fed?

    Just because you vote for someone it doesn’t mean you have to defend everything they do.

  25. #55

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Rob is there anywhere in town that’s accepting Xmas presents for under privelaged children? Do the food bank take Xmas presents? Me and the missus have decided to spend a bit less on the girls this year and buy a few gifts for the poor. I got to be honest it’s the likes of Marcus Rashford that have made me think more of doing this kind of thing. How anyone could dislike him for trying to do his best to feed hungry children is mind boggling.
    This is a great idea

  26. #56

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    When you vote Tory you vote for this sort of thing. I can’t see why people are surprised that child hunger is not a concern of theirs.

  27. #57

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Great to see a local MP sticking to his guns and voting against the bill in Alun Cairns. This the same bloke who recently claimed MP expenses for buying the Sunday Sun, Sunday Telegraph, The Mail on Sunday, Daily Telegraph, The Sun and The Daily Mail.

    Wonder if he’s sabotaged any rape cases recently?
    Cairns is a rotter

  28. #58

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    as expense claims go that sounds pretty reasonable to me
    He's claimed for far more than that in his time

    If there's something going , he's sniffing

    Some really pleasant views on Italian people too

    I am not surprised he is happy to leave Europe

  29. #59

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    When you vote Tory you vote for this sort of thing. I can’t see why people are surprised that child hunger is not a concern of theirs.
    You never see tories out on the streets marching against child poverty , cuts to the NHS etc

  30. #60

    Re: Marcus Rashford

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Cairns is a rotter
    He is a cnut

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •