+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Borat 2 out on prime today

Borat 2 out on prime today

Will be watching this later

Re: Borat 2 out on prime today

It was reviewed on radio, and from all accounts it not cutting edge or as risky , compared with the original.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It was reviewed on radio, and from all accounts it not cutting edge or as risky , compared with the original.
    So you haven't yet watched it then 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    So you haven't yet watched it then 🤔
    No just listened to a panel reviewing , think they were indicating it wasn't as fresh and new as the first one , I did start with "it was reviewed" ?

As Mark Kermode pointed out it's difficult to be edgy and expose people like the first Borat film did, when the President brags about sexually assaulting women and is a willful racist and people still voted him in.

Maybe satire would be exposing a decent politician.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    As Mark Kermode pointed out it's difficult to be edgy and expose people like the first Borat film did, when the President brags about sexually assaulting women and is a willful racist and people still voted him in.

Maybe satire would be exposing a decent politician.
    You are right. Anyone high profile getting caught in Borat2 gets what's coming given the history. Still Rudi's I was just tucking in my shirt should go down as one of the decade's great euphemisms!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    they were indicating it wasn't as fresh and new as the first one ?
    I hope someone told them it was a sequel

Thought this was great. Reminded me of the better bits of This is America and the actress playing his daughter is fantastic. Worth a watch I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Will be watching this later
    I turned it off about a third of the way through, utter crap

It was ok. Some funny moments.Some flat ones. The formula seems tired now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It was ok. Some funny moments.Some flat ones. The formula seems tired now.
    Half way though and think this sums it up perfectly. I think Borat 1 was so brilliant this makes number 2 look even worse.

I didn’t like Bruno when it first came out. I watched it again the other night and it’s seriously funny, I was creasing.

I’ve not heard good things about Borat 2.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I turned it off about a third of the way through, utter crap
    Bro, you got that right.

Ali G was funny for about 10 mins but now all of his characters seem well dated.

I watched this last night, and it had it's moments, but it also appeared to be dated already. The last few years have showed us the depths to which America can sink, and the shock effect that Cohen relies upon is greatly diminished by that knowledge.
    In a nutshell, it's nowhere near as outrageous or as funny as the original Borat film, and that's mainly because A, we've seen it all before, and B, times and attitudes have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I watched this last night, and it had it's moments, but it also appeared to be dated already. The last few years have showed us the depths to which America can sink, and the shock effect that Cohen relies upon is greatly diminished by that knowledge.
    In a nutshell, it's nowhere near as outrageous or as funny as the original Borat film, and that's mainly because A, we've seen it all before, and B, times and attitudes have changed.
    I enjoyed it but your points are well made.

I think the depths of depravity the US has sunk to negates the shock factor of such comedy.

Who is America was better that Borat 2.

I'd like to see Cohen create a new character and do something in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Yep spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep spot on.
    I enjoyed it, it was a bit hit and miss but there were some laugh out loud moments. The interview with Giuliana at the end was uncomfortable viewing, I know it was quite a set up but what was he thinking!

I've only watched it up to the deb's ball (a very crass caper indeed) and the rest has been a re-hash of what has gone before.