+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cardiff Parks Football

Re: Cardiff Parks Football

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Tough guy as well now, are you. Yawn!

Don’t tell me, you once sparred with Lennox Lewis and he couldn’t believe you hadn’t turned pro, as he had no doubt you’d have unified all the belts!
    I'm no tough guy, just don't portray me as something that i'm not. I'm all for a laugh and a joke, but don't ridicule behind your keyboard, it's weak. As for Boxing, i trained as a kid, then met this gypsy lad in the ring who absolutely battered me, he was younger than me as well. It wasn't Tyson Fury though or even Lennox Lewis, i'm more super Welterweight.

which club did you used to box with tuerto ? i used to box down the ymca off newport road . used to enjoy the training side of it rather than the bouts

Yes, around a dozen teams from Operation Sport, Post Office, Idem Papers, Bass Brewery, City Centre Cars, Cossacks, Nomads.

Run by Emlyn Morris from Llanrumney.

We played a London representative team home and away two years.

Won 1-0 up there, beat them 5-1 here down the Riviera in Llanrumney.

Our goal keeper Wayne Russell went on to play for Burnley.
    Played in the Wednesday league when I was younger (about 17) played for the National Rail team as my uncle worked for them. Loved it.

Tough guy as well now, are you. Yawn!

Don’t tell me, you once sparred with Lennox Lewis and he couldn’t believe you hadn’t turned pro, as he had no doubt you’d have unified all the belts!
    You really come across as a bitter person in a lot of threads

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    which club did you used to box with tuerto ? i used to box down the ymca off newport road . used to enjoy the training side of it rather than the bouts
    oddly enough, Newport, St Josephs i think. My mate was going and i went along, his dad would take us over in his van. I went over for the training, started to enjoy it until i sparred this young gypsy lad who buzzed me. That was as far as it went, **** that. Out of all the sports i have complete respect for boxers, train and prepare poorly could mean the difference between life and death.