+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aussie Rules Crowds

Aussie Rules Crowds

Just watching the Richmond V Geelong match and there is a huge unmasked crowd there ?

How ?

Re: Aussie Rules Crowds

They probably bought tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Just watching the Richmond V Geelong match and there is a huge unmasked crowd there ?

How ?
    they're on top of the virus, they get full crowds in NZ too. Britain has properly f**ked it up

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    they're on top of the virus, they get full crowds in NZ too. Britain has properly f**ked it up
    It's hard to compare us to those two, Australia in particular is around 30 times as large with 40 million less people.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's hard to compare us to those two, Australia in particular is around 30 times as large with 40 million less people.
    Yes, I get that. I was just surprised to see things over there looking so normal, with no evidence of masks or safe distancing with thousands in close proximity.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post

How ?
    I live in Melbourne. Australia did something the U.K. government and Boris didn’t (unsurprisingly) which was make use of the fact we are an island, they closed the borders in March as soon as the outbreak happened.

It meant that nearly every state managed to get the virus under controlled and eradicated it within 4-6 weeks, we (Victoria) are the let down of the country with a massive 2nd wave but are now down to an average of 5 cases a day.

I think Queensland has no active cases (apart from hotel quarantine) which is something else Boris didn’t bother to implement, a solid quarantine system with fixed regulations.

Back to the AFL, all the Victorian teams went to Queensland and Adelaide and managed to play with about 50% capacity for a few months now!

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    I live in Melbourne. Australia did something the U.K. government and Boris didn’t (unsurprisingly) which was make use of the fact we are an island, they closed the borders in March as soon as the outbreak happened.

It meant that nearly every state managed to get the virus under controlled and eradicated it within 4-6 weeks, we (Victoria) are the let down of the country with a massive 2nd wave but are now down to an average of 5 cases a day.

I think Queensland has no active cases (apart from hotel quarantine) which is something else Boris didn’t bother to implement, a solid quarantine system with fixed regulations.

Back to the AFL, all the Victorian teams went to Queensland and Adelaide and managed to play with about 50% capacity for a few months now!

Unfortunately, tossers in this country, had to have their HOLIDAYS abroad !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Melbourne is still in lockdown isn’t it? Or it had been for 6 months......

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Unfortunately, tossers in this country, had to have their HOLIDAYS abroad !!!!!!
    There’s no way we should have let anyone in or out, but we are a soft touch with a government who care little.
    They could well have another wave mind when they let people in again, read the other day there are 35000 ozzies who can’t currently get back home.

International

In Australia and N Zealand it is summer so much easier to control the virus for them at present but they have their winter to come. If they're lucky there will be a vaccine by then