+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

Frustrating watch. Too many poor final balls/touches.

we were the better side, had enough chances to win that

5 points from 3 tough games. It'll do but we need to start winning at home

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

Better when Glatzel come on. We should be beating them.

We also need to start quicker, no goals in 7 out of 8 first halves this season.

How many goals have we conceded from set pieces this season?

Midweek Bagan showed in two or three moments that it was his debut but today I thought that had dropped to one moment of uncertainty and the rest was a really good performance - really encouraging.

After a poor start Ojo has come on leaps and bounds, good showing today again, and hopefully having a chat with Murphy about how to take next step on.

I'm still looking for more from Vaulks, Murphy, Hoilett. Bacuna escapes this comment as playing in a secondary position.

Both feels as if we're going in the right direction and that it was a frustrating day.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    FFS Ref!
    has this ref ever seen a football match in his life,a complete dick head

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    How many goals have we conceded from set pieces this season?
    How many have Middlesbrough scored? That might be another key here!!

hoilett wasn't very good when he came on

My observations after seeing the second half only:

We played more like the Warnock way than Middlesborough.

Middlesborough were a very poor side in the final third

The referee was terrible. I don't usually criticise refs but this guy was truly awful.

Murphy again was poor.

Morrison again superb.

This was a game we should have comfortably won.

Ojo much improved with more game time. Looking better each match.

We had a few efforts that were close, fine lines I s’pose. I’d like to think that pretty soon things will come off and we'll give someone a caning. Mind you they had one or two that whistled wide. We’re desperate for a game where everything clicks, let’s hope it’s sooner rather than later.

Can anyone see a reason why Bagan should be dropped, when the other left backs are fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    We also need to start quicker, no goals in 7 out of 8 first halves this season.
    It's been a bit of a feature of our play under Harris.

In the 39 league games he's been manager we've scored first 18 times and conceded first 17 times (plus 4 0-0s). When you consider we've won 17 of them and only lost 9, it shows how slow we start games.

There's only been 2 occasions where we have scored first and not won. Of our 9 scoring draws, we've scored first once. We've come back from 2-0 down twice and 3-0 down once. We were 1-0 and 2-1 down in our other 2-2 draw.

We've scored goals in the first half of 15 games and failed to score in the first half of 20. We've conceded goals in the first half of 19 games.

Manager facing Neil Warnock:

"Very tough team to play against because every time they get the ball it gets smashed over your head and you have to run back towards your own goal.

"You can never build any rhythm because of the way they managed the game.

"The two disappointments are that we didn't score more goals with the chances we created and the positions we got ourselves in and, secondly, to concede such a poor goal from a set-piece again.

Neil Warnock:

"I'm disappointed. I thought we did enough to win it.

"I'm disappointed with the goal. It's a foul from the start - Will Vaulks blocks Saville to give Kieffer Moore a free header.

"Referees at this level should be able to see that - it's a disgrace really.

"After last Saturday's offside that wasn't offside, that's four points thrown away this week with obvious bloody decisions."
    Feel the nostalgia. Also, Boro played some nice football today and got just as much from the ref if not more than us - once again, listening to press conferences after a Warnock game gives you a poor understanding of the game just played.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Some of our footballs have spent more time in the air than most of the Ryanair fleet today
    Good to see your appreciating our playing style evolving under Harris!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Or Middlesboro's degrading....one of the two!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Midweek Bagan showed in two or three moments that it was his debut but today I thought that had dropped to one moment of uncertainty and the rest was a really good performance - really encouraging.

After a poor start Ojo has come on leaps and bounds, good showing today again, and hopefully having a chat with Murphy about how to take next step on.

I'm still looking for more from Vaulks, Murphy, Hoilett. Bacuna escapes this comment as playing in a secondary position.

Both feels as if we're going in the right direction and that it was a frustrating day.
    I have decided that Vaulks is not that good. Murphy disappointed today, he didn't really make the most of his chance. I have no complaints about Junior thus far. Bagan did well again. I thought Middlesborough looked a lot better than we did this time last year. But we should have done better today.

I’m so glad that Warnocks not our manager I’m sick to death of the whining old Cnut.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Injured
    Forever injured

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I’m so glad that Warnocks not our manager I’m sick to death of the whining old Cnut.
    Nice to see him chatting at the end with Bagan though ,seemed to be saying well done.

I have decided that Vaulks is not that good. Murphy disappointed today, he didn't really make the most of his chance. I have no complaints about Junior thus far. Bagan did well again. I thought Middlesborough looked a lot better than we did this time last year. But we should have done better today.
    Vaulks put in some decent performances either side of lockdown, but he hasn't started this season particularly well.

Hoilett seems to have developed a frustrating habit of dribbling the ball aimlessly and then losing the possession.

Only watched the second half via a stream but there were 3-4 times when through balls were played to Murphy who had the speed to get through but seemed to time his runs to ensure he was second to the ball by half a yard.
    He does not seem to have the stomach for it

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    I think that he is just commenting that it hasn’t evolved. At all. Just as Warnock said in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I think that he is just commenting that it hasn’t evolved. At all. Just as Warnock said in fact.
    I was being sarcastic, as he was being contradictory to what he thought of Harris, when I said he was a poor manager who hadn’t evolved our style on another thread.