Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

ft 1-1

5 points from 3 tough games. It'll do but we need to start winning at home

Midweek Bagan showed in two or three moments that it was his debut but today I thought that had dropped to one moment of uncertainty and the rest was a really good performance - really encouraging.

After a poor start Ojo has come on leaps and bounds, good showing today again, and hopefully having a chat with Murphy about how to take next step on.

I'm still looking for more from Vaulks, Murphy, Hoilett. Bacuna escapes this comment as playing in a secondary position.

Both feels as if we're going in the right direction and that it was a frustrating day.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Midweek Bagan showed in two or three moments that it was his debut but today I thought that had dropped to one moment of uncertainty and the rest was a really good performance - really encouraging.

After a poor start Ojo has come on leaps and bounds, good showing today again, and hopefully having a chat with Murphy about how to take next step on.

I'm still looking for more from Vaulks, Murphy, Hoilett. Bacuna escapes this comment as playing in a secondary position.

Both feels as if we're going in the right direction and that it was a frustrating day.
    I have decided that Vaulks is not that good. Murphy disappointed today, he didn't really make the most of his chance. I have no complaints about Junior thus far. Bagan did well again. I thought Middlesborough looked a lot better than we did this time last year. But we should have done better today.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I have decided that Vaulks is not that good. Murphy disappointed today, he didn't really make the most of his chance. I have no complaints about Junior thus far. Bagan did well again. I thought Middlesborough looked a lot better than we did this time last year. But we should have done better today.
    Vaulks put in some decent performances either side of lockdown, but he hasn't started this season particularly well.

Hoilett seems to have developed a frustrating habit of dribbling the ball aimlessly and then losing the possession.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Only watched the second half via a stream but there were 3-4 times when through balls were played to Murphy who had the speed to get through but seemed to time his runs to ensure he was second to the ball by half a yard.
    He does not seem to have the stomach for it

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Only watched the second half via a stream but there were 3-4 times when through balls were played to Murphy who had the speed to get through but seemed to time his runs to ensure he was second to the ball by half a yard.
    He does not seem to have the stomach for it
    I think it must have been his first touch of the game. lost the ball and stopped and turned to the referee with his arms held open wide. It must be so frustrating to have someone like him in the squad when everyone else is putting a shift in.