+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Warnock slams 'disgrace' in Cardiff City game and claims Bluebirds' direct style hasn't changed a bit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Neil Warnock slams 'disgrace' in Cardiff City game and claims Bluebirds' direct style hasn't changed a bit

In my book Colin gets significant credit for turning the team round and getting us promoted. However, the relegation, his overall abysmal record in the transfer market which will have implications long after he has left and other pernicious aspects of his management more than counteract the pluses. As far as I am concerned a chapter thankfully closed.

Re: Neil Warnock slams 'disgrace' in Cardiff City game and claims Bluebirds' direct style hasn't changed a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    In my book Colin gets significant credit for turning the team round and getting us promoted. However, the relegation, his overall abysmal record in the transfer market which will have implications long after he has left and other pernicious aspects of his management more than counteract the pluses. As far as I am concerned a chapter thankfully closed.
    I think that is a bit harsh.

Whereas his transfer dealings when he had money to spend, were suspect, and some may question how if ever we were going to stay in the Premier League (which we nearly did), I always look back on a manager’s time with the club and think ‘was that a good time supporting the club or not’ and with Warnock it is a resounding ‘yes’.

How many other recent managers can you say that about? Maybe Malky? Yes for me for Jones but other than that the rest have just been dull and unmemorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I think that is a bit harsh.

Whereas his transfer dealings when he had money to spend, were suspect, and some may question how if ever we were going to stay in the Premier League (which we nearly did), I always look back on a manager’s time with the club and think ‘was that a good time supporting the club or not’ and with Warnock it is a resounding ‘yes’.

How many other recent managers can you say that about? Maybe Malky? Yes for me for Jones but other than that the rest have just been dull and unmemorable.
    If you want to make a judgement on a manager based on whether you were enjoying yourself or not at the time then fair enough. I enjoyed the good times too. I don’t subscribe to the view that he is a Cardiff City legend as espoused by some (the word “legend” is bandied about too freely in my view) I have taken an overall view and consider that the negatives outweigh the positives. Many will disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    If you want to make a judgement on a manager based on whether you were enjoying yourself or not at the time then fair enough. I enjoyed the good times too. I don’t subscribe to the view that he is a Cardiff City legend as espoused by some (the word “legend” is bandied about too freely in my view) I have taken an overall view and consider that the negatives outweigh the positives. Many will disagree.
    Yeah, enjoying myself whilst watching Cardiff City is quite important to me (and has sadly been a bit of a rarity over the years! ).

For me, there have been way too many years of tedious mediocrity (Slade, Trollope, OGS etc) to just write off the better years and managers as well, especially when the team actually achieved something.