+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neil Warnock slams 'disgrace' in Cardiff City game and claims Bluebirds' direct style hasn't changed a bit

Re: Neil Warnock slams 'disgrace' in Cardiff City game and claims Bluebirds' direct style hasn't changed a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    All the club have done is change ‘Warnockball’ for ‘Harrisball’, yet some on here think Harris is doing a good job of ‘evolving’ our style.

He’s done nothing of the sort.
    Playing out from the goalkeeper, more possession, not lumping the ball into the box at every opportunity and a skilful player instead of a grafter in the 10 role. There are some of the changes Harris has made. He's obviously not going to ditch everything we did under Warnock because we did some of it well but our style is clearly evolving.

Re: Neil Warnock slams 'disgrace' in Cardiff City game and claims Bluebirds' direct style hasn't changed a bit

With regard to the incident for our goal, he is wrong. It was very clever play for Moore to peel off and their player ran in to Vaulks because there was nowhere else to go. I'd blame his own defender if I was him. And he was moaning about us having towels to wipe the ball! I'm glad he's not here anymore.

We do have a squad of very good players at this level, but we are not playing well yet (I hope we do start!). Harris is limited but can't fault his commitment and work ethic. He is on a par with Warnock.

But we are seeing cost cutting, getting Etheridge, Paterson and Flint off the wage bill to bring in Wilson, Ojo, Osei-Tutu, Phillips, Moore and Benkovic. This after releasing, Coxe, Connolly, Bogle, Ward and Richards as well as offloading Madine and Peltier in January and terminating the contract of NML. At least it's better than 2014/15 when we paid up loads of contracts and signed the likes of Revell, Doyle. O'Keefe and Kennedy. I know which squad I'd rather have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    All the club have done is change ‘Warnockball’ for ‘Harrisball’, yet some on here think Harris is doing a good job of ‘evolving’ our style.

He’s done nothing of the sort.
    Did you have " How to chat utter shit all the time" lessons in school or did it come naturally to you?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Did you have " How to chat utter shit all the time" lessons in school or did it come naturally to you?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Neil Warnock as headmaster, Russell Slade as PE Teacher

Great manager

Since 1961 only two managers have got us promoted to the top flight

For a couple of dodgy decisions warnock would have kept us up

In my book Colin gets significant credit for turning the team round and getting us promoted. However, the relegation, his overall abysmal record in the transfer market which will have implications long after he has left and other pernicious aspects of his management more than counteract the pluses. As far as I am concerned a chapter thankfully closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    In my book Colin gets significant credit for turning the team round and getting us promoted. However, the relegation, his overall abysmal record in the transfer market which will have implications long after he has left and other pernicious aspects of his management more than counteract the pluses. As far as I am concerned a chapter thankfully closed.
    For a few years warnock got people interested in cardiff city again , kids were wearing bluebirds tops , we were on the news

Once we got relegated people turned

Its the way our fans are and the way they always will be

Harris did a fantastic job getting us into the play offs

Already people are sharpening the knives because we have not hit the ground running

It baffles me

I think that is a bit harsh.

Whereas his transfer dealings when he had money to spend, were suspect, and some may question how if ever we were going to stay in the Premier League (which we nearly did), I always look back on a manager’s time with the club and think ‘was that a good time supporting the club or not’ and with Warnock it is a resounding ‘yes’.

How many other recent managers can you say that about? Maybe Malky? Yes for me for Jones but other than that the rest have just been dull and unmemorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I think that is a bit harsh.

Whereas his transfer dealings when he had money to spend, were suspect, and some may question how if ever we were going to stay in the Premier League (which we nearly did), I always look back on a manager’s time with the club and think ‘was that a good time supporting the club or not’ and with Warnock it is a resounding ‘yes’.

How many other recent managers can you say that about? Maybe Malky? Yes for me for Jones but other than that the rest have just been dull and unmemorable.
    If you want to make a judgement on a manager based on whether you were enjoying yourself or not at the time then fair enough. I enjoyed the good times too. I don’t subscribe to the view that he is a Cardiff City legend as espoused by some (the word “legend” is bandied about too freely in my view) I have taken an overall view and consider that the negatives outweigh the positives. Many will disagree.

Fair comments really. The goal we scored was the same type of goal we scored plenty of times under Warnock. No problems with that, hope we can score 3 like that every game moving forward. Weird why people are getting wound up by it.

According to the BBC we had 59% possession against Middlesborough.

When was the last time we ha that much of the ball when Warnock was the manager here?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    According to the BBC we had 59% possession against Middlesborough.

When was the last time we ha that much of the ball when Warnock was the manager here?
    True.

They said on Sky during the Bournemouth game I think, that we has the lowest possession stats for any team in the Championship last year.

If you want to make a judgement on a manager based on whether you were enjoying yourself or not at the time then fair enough. I enjoyed the good times too. I don’t subscribe to the view that he is a Cardiff City legend as espoused by some (the word “legend” is bandied about too freely in my view) I have taken an overall view and consider that the negatives outweigh the positives. Many will disagree.
    Yeah, enjoying myself whilst watching Cardiff City is quite important to me (and has sadly been a bit of a rarity over the years! ).

For me, there have been way too many years of tedious mediocrity (Slade, Trollope, OGS etc) to just write off the better years and managers as well, especially when the team actually achieved something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    True.

They said on Sky during the Bournemouth game I think, that we has the lowest possession stats for any team in the Championship last year.

Tim Sherwood, when commentating on the Fulham v Palace game on Saturday, stated "they (fulham), look pretty with the ball, passing it around in their own half. But the problem is, they (fulham), can't play without the ball"

Sums up possession football beautifully

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Great manager

Since 1961 only two managers have got us promoted to the top flight

For a couple of dodgy decisions warnock would have kept us up
    This^^^

I know people harp on about the Fulham game cursing Warnock's tactics, and are justified in doing so, but that scandalous "error" by the linesman against Chelsea was a pivotal decision that didn't go our way.
    This must have been heartbreaking for Warnock and had we beaten Chelsea, that day, the run in would have been completely different with confidence high.

Of course there was the Sala tragedy which played a huge part in our non-survival both on and off the pitch and had there been fans there against Boro, Warnock would have had a great reception from the City fans. Of that I have no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Tim Sherwood, when commentating on the Fulham v Palace game on Saturday, stated "they (fulham), look pretty with the ball, passing it around in their own half. But the problem is, they (fulham), can't play without the ball"

Sums up possession football beautifully
    Tim Sherwood regularly talks a load of arse.

There are many different ways of playing posession football