+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 12 points or less from the next 9 games

12 points or less from the next 9 games

and Harris gets the sack (if last season is anything to go by....)

2019/20: P 7 W 2 D 3 L 2 F 8 A 10 Pts 9
    2020/21: P 7 W 2 D 3 L 2 F 6 A 6 Pts 9

Harris's Bluebirds have made a similar, spluttering start to this season as Warnock's Bluebirds did a year ago.

Last season the 7 games went LWLWDDD. This season it reads LWLDWDD.

Last season we'd won 2 and drawn 1 at home, and drawn 2 and lost 2 away.
    This season we've won 2 and drawn 1 away, and drawn 2 and lost 2 at home.

Warnock left after 16 games last year with us on 21 points.

This season Harris has these 9 games. We're fortunate our away form has been so good.

Derby (a)
    QPR (a)
    Barnsley (h)
    Wurzels (h)
    Millwall (a)
    Coventry (a)
    Luton (h)
    Huddersfield (h)
    Watford (a)

I'm not suggesting that Harris should be sacked by the way, I'm just comparing last season with this from a statistical viewpoint. Mehmet Dalman said recently on Radio Wales that he expects a top 6 place by January. If we're way off the pace after 16 games (as Warnock was last year), will Harris be given the nudge? Could it happen earlier? The international break is after the Bristol City home game, as it was last season)...

Maybe Harris isn't in the firing line at all. Who knows!

Re: 12 points or less from the next 9 games

Harris's Bluebirds have made a similar, spluttering start to this season as Warnock's Bluebirds did a year ago.
    In terms of results maybe but bear in mind that Warnock won two of those games with goals in the 90+6 minutes and 88 minutes after failing to create many chances previous to that and a third win with an own goal in the 2nd minute failing to create much after - 9 points that could have easily been 3. During that spluttering start we also couldn't break down a Fulham side playing with 10 men from 68 minutes onwards before finally two really limp derby performances and each game lost.

(if you want to focus on opening 7 games only then the two wins came in 90+6 and 88 minutes so could have easily been two draws instead).

Opening day was really poor under Harris, and stats may appear similar, but we appear to be building something rather than watching something fizzle out.

Looking at that run of matches 15 pts has to be obtainable as a minimum.
    Whilst I dont think Harris is under immediate pressure, he has been backed by the board and will be expecting results to pick up soon.

So Warnock got sacked with that record? Must have missed that bit of news!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    In terms of results maybe but bear in mind that Warnock won two of those games with goals in the 90+6 minutes and 88 minutes after failing to create many chances previous to that and a third win with an own goal in the 2nd minute failing to create much after - 9 points that could have easily been 3. During that spluttering start we also couldn't break down a Fulham side playing with 10 men from 68 minutes onwards before finally two really limp derby performances and each game lost.

(if you want to focus on opening 7 games only then the two wins came in 90+6 and 88 minutes so could have easily been two draws instead).

Opening day was really poor under Harris, and stats may appear similar, but we appear to be building something rather than watching something fizzle out.
    Not sure what we are building under Harris. I am not suggesting we sack him but the majority of our games this season have been extremely poor and lacking any quality. I am optimistically waiting for a side with both Tomlin and Wilson in it, but I am concerned that is unlikely to happen as our first thought is to set up defensively.
    Our game is predictably slow with passes played to static players. We seem to have some individual players with pace but do not try to play flowing football at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Looking at that run of matches 15 pts has to be obtainable as a minimum.
    Whilst I dont think Harris is under immediate pressure, he has been backed by the board and will be expecting results to pick up soon.
    15pts for me as well, 4-3-2, I also think our home & away form will flip during those 9 matches

19-22 points is my guess

Harris isn’t coming off the back of a relegation and spending north of 50m

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Absolutely, though if Dalman's comments are right, Harris needs to sort things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely, though if Dalman's comments are right, Harris needs to sort things out.
    What Comments, Eric? Haven't seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Not sure what we are building under Harris. I am not suggesting we sack him but the majority of our games this season have been extremely poor and lacking any quality. I am optimistically waiting for a side with both Tomlin and Wilson in it, but I am concerned that is unlikely to happen as our first thought is to set up defensively.
    Our game is predictably slow with passes played to static players. We seem to have some individual players with pace but do not try to play flowing football at all.
    Agree. We don't seem to be able move with the ball. I've watched enough of Bacuna, and especially Ralls, Vaulks, and Pack, to convince me they just aren't capable of it. Also I don't really get why we brought in Wilson. His strength, aside from set pieces, is playing in tight and close situations high up the pitch, around the box - not the sort of 'play' we employ. Discipline, fitness, strength, competitiveness, they're all there, but pace, quickness on the ball, movement, definitely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What Comments, Eric? Haven't seen them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54578292

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Agree. We don't seem to be able move with the ball. I've watched enough of Bacuna, and especially Ralls, Vaulks, and Pack, to convince me they just aren't capable of it. Also I don't really get why we brought in Wilson. His strength, aside from set pieces, is playing in tight and close situations high up the pitch, around the box - not the sort of 'play' we employ. Discipline, fitness, strength, competitiveness, they're all there, but pace, quickness on the ball, movement, definitely not.
    We now have:

- full-backs who pass the halfway line
    - a tactical want to play a creative midfielder with good ball control
    - a goalkeeper who is willing to pass out from the back and defenders who are willing to bring the ball out
    - a desire to play academy graduates and give them a chance
    - capability to see that if opposition are expecting a long throw ten times out of ten then sometimes it gives you an advantage to go short

None of that was seen under Warnock. We also have habit of conceding from set-pieces which was also very rare under Warnock and missed several opportunities in the box yesterday from knock-downs/flick-ons which we probably would have taken under Warnock.

In the new book about Warnock, the one by ex-Walesonline and now Manchester football correspondent, Sol Bamba describes that Pochettino warned him against playing man-to-man defence all the time because in the premier league the movement of players and better passing technique would open us up easily. Bamba passed this onto Warnock who made a joke about being 70 and not changing the strategy now. That's where we're coming from in terms of developing our football style so isn't going to be immediate. Not saying we'll be more successful but we'll have a better chance of staying in premier league if we get back up.

This hits the nail on the head.

This.

It's amazing that this even has to be pointed out.

Spot on.

Give me winning football over entertainment any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Give me winning football over entertainment any day.
    But at the moment we have neither

We should still sack him.

Take my mind of the fact I cant by non essential goods . Nor ride my bike .

Exactly. Some posters turn a blind eye to certain facts when they have an agenda..