+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHEYI OJO

SHEYI OJO

Anyone else think he's doing well for us now?
    Well done the lad

Re: SHEYI OJO

he has talent

I think the lad has good pace , fast feat and tricks and can finish , a good addition .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think the lad has good pace , fast feat and tricks and can finish , a good addition .
    Only trouble is, he tries the tricks in and around the edge of his own box too often.

He's getting better with each match. There is more to come hopefully.

I’ve done a U-turn with him. I didn’t think he looked interested at first but the last 3-4 games he’s worked hard and shown quality.

As long as teams keep thinking we are all muscle and long balls, Sheyi and Harry will surprise them.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    As long as teams keep thinking we are all muscle and long balls, Sheyi and Harry will surprise them.
    They might make a film of it and call it something like:- “When Harry met Sheyi”

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    They might make a film of it and call it something like:- “When Harry met Sheyi”

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That would be orgasmic

The other week I thought he was one of the worst players ever to represent Cardiff City. Not necessarily ability wise but application.

The last few games though, he has proved me to be very wrong.
    I’d be happy to eat humble pie all season to see him grow and deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    The other week I thought he was one of the worst players ever to represent Cardiff City. Not necessarily ability wise but application.

The last few games though, he has proved me to be very wrong.
    I’d be happy to eat humble pie all season to see him grow and deliver.
    Not been watching the city to long then or a bad memory

International

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Not been watching the city to long then or a bad memory

He's a decent addition. Great movement and pace.

He's in an attack still too reliant on long balls and others in midfield who can't pass. Even Ralls passing on Saturday was appalling.

As the team learns (they have to) to keep hold of the ball better and utilise Ojo and Wilson correctly, both players could be devastating.

But progress under Harris is very slow and as much as I didn't like hearing it Warnock was right, we haven't changed that much. Maybe there are Less long balls but not enough ball retention and usage to make us dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    He's a decent addition. Great movement and pace.

He's in an attack still too reliant on long balls and others in midfield who can't pass. Even Ralls passing on Saturday was appalling.

As the team learns (they have to) to keep hold of the ball better and utilise Ojo and Wilson correctly, both players could be devastating.

But progress under Harris is very slow and as much as I didn't like hearing it Warnock was right, we haven't changed that much. Maybe there are Less long balls but not enough ball retention and usage to make us dangerous.
    You sound a little surprised that Ralls' passing game was off? Ralls' passing and set-piece delivery are usually poor, not just last Saturday. Neither he nor Vaulks can pass a ball well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You sound a little surprised that Ralls' passing game was off? Ralls' passing and set-piece delivery are usually poor, not just last Saturday. Neither he nor Vaulks can pass a ball well.
    Don't you just love opinion being spoken as fact. Actually according to the statistics on Who Scored, this season City's passing accuracy is as follows:

Pack 83.1%
    Bennett 80%
    Wilson 77.6%
    Bacuna 77.4%
    Osei-Tutu 74.4%
    Ralls 73.4%
    Ojo 71%
    Cunningham 70.5%
    Hoilett 69.7%
    Vaulks 69%
    Nelson 68%
    Glatzel 68.4%
    Bagan 67.9%
    Tomlin 67.8%
    Morrison 64%
    Murphy 57.7%
    Smithies 51.7%
    Moore 40.7%
    Bamba 33.3%

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Don't you just love opinion being spoken as fact. Actually according to the statistics on Who Scored, this season City's passing accuracy is as follows:

Pack 83.1%
    Bennett 80%
    Wilson 77.6%
    Bacuna 77.4%
    Osei-Tutu 74.4%
    Ralls 73.4%
    Ojo 71%
    Cunningham 70.5%
    Hoilett 69.7%
    Vaulks 69%
    Nelson 68%
    Glatzel 68.4%
    Bagan 67.9%
    Tomlin 67.8%
    Morrison 64%
    Murphy 57.7%
    Smithies 51.7%
    Moore 40.7%
    Bamba 33.3%

StT.
    <><
    Ah stats, eh!

So judging by those stats, Kiefer Moore is a terrible passer of the ball, right? Kiefer Moore receives the ball, more often than not, in the final third of the pitch, with a man marking him tight (sometimes two players!). The role Moore plays inevitably sees him tightly marked and thus making it more difficult for him to off-load the ball to a team-mate.

Ralls, on the other hand, is going to find himself in a bit more space roaming midfield when he has possession. I would also suggest those stats of Ralls are 'padded' somewhat by short, sideways, backwards passes.

We have a midfield that struggles to keep possession. There is a reason for that.

It's easy to look good statistically if all the player does is pass the ball backwards and sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It's easy to look good statistically if all the player does is pass the ball backwards and sideways.
    Depends what stats you're looking at.

It does make you wonder what they practice in training. Ball retention and passing accuracy is something that should be drilled into every player so it becomes the norm. Other things require a lot more work and natural ability but teams a lot lower than us in the league structure seem to do it much more comfortably than we do. Get some Spanish technical coaches in I say !!

Pack 83.1%
    Bennett 80%
    Wilson 77.6%
    Bacuna 77.4%
    Osei-Tutu 74.4%
    Ralls 73.4%
    Ojo 71%
    Cunningham 70.5%
    Hoilett 69.7%
    Vaulks 69%
    Nelson 68%
    Glatzel 68.4%
    Bagan 67.9%
    Tomlin 67.8%
    Morrison 64%
    Murphy 57.7%
    Smithies 51.7%
    Moore 40.7%
    Bamba 33.3%

StT.
    <><
    Ah stats, eh!

So judging by those stats, Kiefer Moore is a terrible passer of the ball, right? Kiefer Moore receives the ball, more often than not, in the final third of the pitch, with a man marking him tight (sometimes two players!). The role Moore plays inevitably sees him tightly marked and thus making it more difficult for him to off-load the ball to a team-mate.

Ralls, on the other hand, is going to find himself in a bit more space roaming midfield when he has possession. I would also suggest those stats of Ralls are 'padded' somewhat by short, sideways, backwards passes.

We have a midfield that struggles to keep possession. There is a reason for that.
    That's the point

The stats to point out that the defence has a poor passing accuracy but there is a reason for that...

Like I said I think our problems are further up the field than the defence and I think it's unfair to constantly blame them, as Harris seems to do, when ball retention and creating chances is generally a midfield problem.

Pack 83.1%
    Bennett 80%
    Wilson 77.6%
    Bacuna 77.4%
    Osei-Tutu 74.4%
    Ralls 73.4%
    Ojo 71%
    Cunningham 70.5%
    Hoilett 69.7%
    Vaulks 69%
    Nelson 68%
    Glatzel 68.4%
    Bagan 67.9%
    Tomlin 67.8%
    Morrison 64%
    Murphy 57.7%
    Smithies 51.7%
    Moore 40.7%
    Bamba 33.3%

StT.
    <><
    Ah stats, eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    It does make you wonder what they practice in training. Ball retention and passing accuracy is something that should be drilled into every player so it becomes the norm. Other things require a lot more work and natural ability but teams a lot lower than us in the league structure seem to do it much more comfortably than we do. Get some Spanish technical coaches in I say !!
    With some gifted technical players in the team I also wonder what happens on the training pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    With some gifted technical players in the team I also wonder what happens on the training pitch.
    Some maybe technically gifted but unless they have composure on the ball when the game gets underway it counts for very little.

The very, very best players always seem to have time on the ball and they will always stand out but it is possible for average players to be drilled in ball retention so at least they're not giving the ball away all the time. You only need to look at Wales to see what can be achieved, how our passing has improved in recent times.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Pack 83.1%
    Bennett 80%
    Wilson 77.6%
    Bacuna 77.4%
    Osei-Tutu 74.4%
    Ralls 73.4%
    Ojo 71%
    Cunningham 70.5%
    Hoilett 69.7%
    Vaulks 69%
    Nelson 68%
    Glatzel 68.4%
    Bagan 67.9%
    Tomlin 67.8%
    Morrison 64%
    Murphy 57.7%
    Smithies 51.7%
    Moore 40.7%
    Bamba 33.3%

StT.
    <><
    Pity there cannot be stats about 'forward' passing accuracy in the attacking half.

What's the stats on 'touches in opponent's box'?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Pity there cannot be stats about 'forward' passing accuracy in the attacking half.

What's the stats on 'touches in opponent's box'?
    There can, and are and a whole lot beyond that.
    Just at this level you probably need to pay money to have access to them..