Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
Don't you just love opinion being spoken as fact. Actually according to the statistics on Who Scored, this season City's passing accuracy is as follows:

Pack 83.1%
Bennett 80%
Wilson 77.6%
Bacuna 77.4%
Osei-Tutu 74.4%
Ralls 73.4%
Ojo 71%
Cunningham 70.5%
Hoilett 69.7%
Vaulks 69%
Nelson 68%
Glatzel 68.4%
Bagan 67.9%
Tomlin 67.8%
Morrison 64%
Murphy 57.7%
Smithies 51.7%
Moore 40.7%
Bamba 33.3%

StT.
<><
Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
Ah stats, eh!

So judging by those stats, Kiefer Moore is a terrible passer of the ball, right? Kiefer Moore receives the ball, more often than not, in the final third of the pitch, with a man marking him tight (sometimes two players!). The role Moore plays inevitably sees him tightly marked and thus making it more difficult for him to off-load the ball to a team-mate.

Ralls, on the other hand, is going to find himself in a bit more space roaming midfield when he has possession. I would also suggest those stats of Ralls are 'padded' somewhat by short, sideways, backwards passes.

We have a midfield that struggles to keep possession. There is a reason for that.
Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
It does make you wonder what they practice in training. Ball retention and passing accuracy is something that should be drilled into every player so it becomes the norm. Other things require a lot more work and natural ability but teams a lot lower than us in the league structure seem to do it much more comfortably than we do. Get some Spanish technical coaches in I say !!
With some gifted technical players in the team I also wonder what happens on the training pitch.