+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Josh Murphy

Josh Murphy

Has he been getting abuse? I see his Instagram account has been deleted.

Re: Josh Murphy

Wish we had his bro
    Great Free kick.
    Last edited by MacAdder; 25-10-20 at 18:20. Reason: For clarity

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Wish we had his bro
    Great FK

Hope its not on line abuse as is the cowards approach , we need the club to explain in plain speak ,not managers disguised narrative!! why a player of his calibre has not been performing for such a long time , I should imagine his wages are very high, however his performances are so low think the paying fans deserve an explanation .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Hope its not on line abuse as is the cowards approach , we need the club to explain in plain speak ,not managers disguised narrative!! why a player of his calibre has not been performing for such a long time , I should imagine his wages are very high, however his performances are so low think the paying fans deserve an explanation .
    A lot aren't paying at the mo so there should be a list those who are so the ones who didn't buy a season ticket don't accidentally get an explanation

Wish we had his bro
    Great Free kick.
    Give the guy a break, he had a good game on Saturday. If we gave him the free kicks he may score like his brother as he has a wicked shot? He has scored 11 goals for us in 59 games. A better strike rate than most of our team?

I feel that our back 5 (6 if you include Pack/Bacuna sitting deep) is strong enough to warrant having more flair up front.

With that in mind, I would like to see Murphy having a good run in the team.

I would also like to see Whyte featuring more too.

Wish we had his bro
    Great Free kick.
    I’ve always thought he would be a better player in the same team as his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Give the guy a break, he had a good game on Saturday. If we gave him the free kicks he may score like his brother as he has a wicked shot? He has scored 11 goals for us in 59 games. A better strike rate than most of our team?
    My laughing smile was giving him a break, so I wasn't directly having a go at Josh.
    To be fair he did okay on Saturday against Boro but I don't think he shows enough to warrant a starting place.

His brother Jacob, to his credit, has apparently been working hard doing extra training trying to get back in favour in the Newcastle side.
    He worked his socks off yesterday and grabbed the ball to score a terrific equalising goal late on.

Josh obviously has talent but we only get glimpses. He is good when we are on top but when we are up against it unfortunately does not put the graft in and you have to earn your place in Harris's side.

I hope Josh watched Jacob and takes a leaf out of his book.

My laughing smile was giving him a break, so I wasn't directly having a go at Josh.
    To be fair he did okay on Saturday against Boro but I don't think he shows enough to warrant a starting place.

His brother Jacob, to his credit, has apparently been working hard doing extra training trying to get back in favour in the Newcastle side.
    He worked his socks off yesterday and grabbed the ball to score a terrific equalising goal late on.

Josh obviously has talent but we only get glimpses. He is good when we are on top but when we are up against it unfortunately does not put the graft in and you have to earn your place in Harris's side.

I hope Josh watched Jacob and takes a leaf out of his book.
    Hoilet wasn't any better when he came on to be fair.
    Worth persisting with Murphy and seeing if he can play himself into some form, like Ojo has done.
    As he's an asset if playng well.

Hoilett is off at the end of the season anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Worth persisting with Murphy and seeing if he can play himself into some form, like Ojo has done.

Hoilett has had plenty of chances, Murphy has had 60 minutes against a spoiling side. Let's give him a chance to get into form.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Problem i have with Murphy is he loses the ball too often.

I'm no statto but Hoilett is the much better all round player and if fit has to play in front of Murphy IMHO.
    If someone gets injured it will be Murphy's chance and he has to take that chance.

Who knows, NH may have seen something he likes and start him on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    I feel that our back 5 (6 if you include Pack/Bacuna sitting deep) is strong enough to warrant having more flair up front.

With that in mind, I would like to see Murphy having a good run in the team.

I would also like to see Whyte featuring more too.
    Whyte?

Murphy is frustrating to watch as he looks to have potential but just keeps giving the ball away, but I have seen nothing so far from Whyte to either suggest that he gets a run of games or why we paid a few for him.

Problem i have with Murphy is he loses the ball too often.

I'm no statto but Hoilett is the much better all round player and if fit has to play in front of Murphy IMHO.
    If someone gets injured it will be Murphy's chance and he has to take that chance.

Who knows, NH may have seen something he likes and start him on Wednesday.
    Hoilett slows down play massively.

For the majority of games it was the right thing to do. Allowed the midfield to push up. Closed the gaps.

Clever player and used intelligence to beat his man now he’s not as quick as he used to be (which wasn’t very quick to begin with)

Murphy is different. Head down, looks to beat his man but runs into traffic often by not seeing in front of him

Hoilett better when you’ve got a target man playing with his back to goal, murphy better when trying to play behind the defence. Would prefer to see Murphy playing alongside Moore, not on the wing

Think Hoilett is struggling lately.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    A lot aren't paying at the mo so there should be a list those who are so the ones who didn't buy a season ticket don't accidentally get an explanation
    Im paying the club for streams but Mehmet and Ken are alright, I dont need an explanation as to why Murphy is not perfoming to Raheem Sterlings standard, or why Harris has choosen to use him less this season.

I feel sorry for the lad. Warnock hung him out to dry a few times, he was better under Harris, certainly after lockdown, some good performances but hasnt been given much of a chance this season. Saturday was an awful game and he was given very little ball by Vaulks and Ralls who were very poor in midfield. He did get one very good shot off going into the bottom corner which forced their keeper into one of only a few saves he had to make all game.

He's the type of Wingers who needs games and confidence. Warnock and Harris (less so) have always been quick to drop him. In the prem he was one of few players who looked like they could make something happen, he could be motm and then dropped.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Hope its not on line abuse as is the cowards approach ,
    Brilliant. It'd be much better to give him abuse in person, eh?