+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No U turn on essential goods ban

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: No U turn on essential goods ban

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I think Drakeford should give his citizens some credit for intelligence as I’m sure most will do non essential shopping at the same time that they do their essential shopping
    Is that in the same way as most people would get meat at the same time they're in the same supermarket in the same local authority to avoid making another journey?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is that in the same way as most people would get meat at the same time they're in the same supermarket in the same local authority to avoid making another journey?
    I don't think he did it in the end, although LB asking the question at the time tells you all you need to know really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think he did it in the end, although LB asking the question at the time tells you all you need to know really.
    No I didn't go to Brecon in the first lockdown but have been since. At the time I was testing the water. No way could I catch or spread Covid in a car travelling from Cardiff to Brecon I said, but the WAG message was that I was at risk of carrying the virus from a high incidence area in Cardiff to a low incidence area in Powys.
    Current lockdown I can't travel to Brecon although I live in Lisvane where the incidence is lowish, but I can pop down the road to Cathays where the incidence is 20 times higher. Strange times.

No I didn't go to Brecon in the first lockdown but have been since. At the time I was testing the water. No way could I catch or spread Covid in a car travelling from Cardiff to Brecon I said, but the WAG message was that I was at risk of carrying the virus from a high incidence area in Cardiff to a low incidence area in Powys.
    Current lockdown I can't travel to Brecon although I live in Lisvane where the incidence is lowish, but I can pop down the road to Cathays where the incidence is 20 times higher. Strange times.
    Fair play, you're looking at every single angle in order to bash this government. I hate the Tories, but i wouldn't go as far as to say that they could've got everything right during this Pandemic and criticised them at every given opportunity. A little balance goes a long way, try and get some.

Fair play, you're looking at every single angle in order to bash this government. I hate the Tories, but i wouldn't go as far as to say that they could've got everything right during this Pandemic and criticised them at every given opportunity. A little balance goes a long way, try and get some.
    What is factually wrong with what I said in my post.

What is factually wrong with what I said in my post.
    Your facts are filled with deception. I'm out

Your facts are filled with deception. I'm out
    Wake up and smell the coffee. We have a government currently treating us all like idiots. They instil fear everyday with talk of death rates and saving lives, yet the facts say that since mid year the overall death rates are no different this year to last and that includes Covid.
    In March they prohibited travel over 5 miles with no evidence to back up the decision. Recently that prohibited travel outside authority boundaries, no evidence to back up the decision. These travel bans affected millions.
    They have introduced the latest lockdown with frightening speed and no consultation. They said it would last two weeks, but not so sure now. They haven't told us what's to happen on 9 Nov, not me not you not any business in Wales knows. I wonder iff the Government knows?
    They are taking away our freedom and liberties at a stroke and in my 75 years in this world I have never seen the public in Wales treated with so little respect by our leaders. They tell us that intensive care beds are full, not true. They say pubs and restaurants are safe and close them all. They tell us what we can and cannot buy as if we are infants, yet people have been frightened into submission and accept it. Doctors seem to have learned a lot about how to handle this virus our leaders very little. No doubt we will have another arbitrary lockdown in a month or two.
    I like most obey the rules, and all the basics like distancing , hygiene etc, but Im against blindly accepting rules and regulations on a whim unless there is evidence to back them up.
    70,000 people have signed the petition regarding non essential goods. At last some response from the public, but sadly little response from the Government. They obviously know best, as usual.

No way could I catch or spread Covid in a car travelling from Cardiff to Brecon I said
    What about when you got out of your car and met other people, like the butcher?

What about when you got out of your car and met other people, like the butcher?
    Oh I forgot that. In Cardiff I never get out of my car and talk to anybody.

Oh I forgot that. In Cardiff I never get out of my car and talk to anybody.
    **** me, you live in Cardiff! Do you understand the concept of isolation?

**** me, you live in Cardiff! Do you understand the concept of isolation?
    Yep...bloody isolated now in my home because of the latest lockdown

Imagine your posts had Corbyn won the last General Election, Jeez, you’d be in your element, an assembly and a government to decry

TBF most supermarket meat is pretty poor quality