Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
No, on reflection I didn't phrase my earlier couple of posts very well.

Of course a lot will have already experienced shopping online. There will be those who decide to keep doing it for most of their needs but I am sure many will at least partially have gone back to more local shopping.

Now they will probably go online so local stores will lose business anyway (presumably all the supermarkets online business will be under no restriction on selling non essentials!!).

As I said elsewhere the intention is probably laudable but it may not have all the effect the Welsh Government hopes for.

I agree with your point about babies and children but then what about the elderly,disabled,sick who might need new clothing and bedding. I am sure there are other cases as well.

I don't envy governments of any persuasion in coping with the complexities they are facing now.

But they all wanted the job.
You've highlighted the problem very well here by adding others who might need certain things to the list. I think we're all guilty of not considering what someone else might need, though I think that in the majority of cases, what someone might need as an essential doesn't turn out to be an essential. My experience of elderly people is that they have enough bedding for a village and wardrobes full of clothes they don't want to throw out in case they 'come in handy'.

In terms of clothes, there can't be many, even disabled people, who don't have enough clothes to get by for fortnight. That's not to say there aren't any. I lost a cousin earlier this year who had a favourite shirt from Tesco. He had serious mental health issues. It was the only shirt he'd wear. If it got damaged, he replaced it with the same one. You can imagine when that shirt was no longer stocked etc. Issues like that could cause a major issue for someone.

I said to a Tory supporting friend on social media recently that I have no problems with those in power making u-turns, when they are sensible. We all make mistakes and need to correct them. As long as the original aim is understandable and makes sense, then fine by me. It's when those in power make dishonest decisions and do things not for the general good but to curry favour and stick by them, then they deserve all the hostility they get.