+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No U turn on essential goods ban

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: No U turn on essential goods ban

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Y

The old nightingale hospital doesn't have any current patients as far as I'm aware and the new one is due to be completed before the expected spike in winter. That sounds like reasonable planning to me... building something to be ready for when it may be required.

Why don't you just hold on to your prejudices against Labour on this issue until it's actually warranted? If the new hospital isn't completed and there aren't enough beds for Covid patients, then you'll be able to gloat until your heart's content and... Until then, why not see how it pans out, eh?
    It's a heck of a risky strategy closing down one facility before a replacement is built. There is at least a six week gap between one hospital closing and the new one opening. That's certainly not sensible planning. Had the virus taken off differently, as it could have and has elsewhere, there would be no excess capacity in SE Wales. Indeed bed capacity for COVID patients is already under pressure according to Vaughan Gethin at today's press conference.

As it happens it looks as though things will work out but by luck rather than judgement. Those in power must have been praying that infection rates in Wales did not escalate at or above the level they have in the North of England. In the circumstances it is understandable why the Welsh government introduced the firebreak.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It's a heck of a risky strategy closing down one facility before a replacement is built. There is at least a six week gap between one hospital closing and the new one opening. That's certainly not sensible planning. Had the virus taken off differently, as it could have and has elsewhere, there would be no excess capacity in SE Wales. Indeed bed capacity for COVID patients is already under pressure according to Vaughan Gethin at today's press conference.

As it happens it looks as though things will work out but by luck rather than judgement. Those in power must have been praying that infection rates in Wales did not escalate at or above the level they have in the North of England. In the circumstances it is understandable why the Welsh government introduced the firebreak.
    That is the only simple point I was trying to make, but people jump on it as an attack against welsh labour and do everything except answer the question. The question would be the samecwhoever was in government.

Risky strategy? More like incompetence

How do you know there is at least a six week gap? I haven;t seen any exact dates for the first hospital closing, or the second one opening, just a lot of guess work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    How do you know there is at least a six week gap? I haven;t seen any exact dates for the first hospital closing, or the second one opening, just a lot of guess work.
    I agree there are no exact dates. However, as Wales are playing Scotland on Saturday it is not unreasonable to conclude the Nightingale hospital built on the Principality Stadium's pitch is no more. Furthermore there is a guy on here who is working on the replacement hospital who has indicated that it should be ready in early December. In the circumstances I don't think my guesswork is unreasonable do you?

I don't live in the area so you might have better information.

I agree there are no exact dates. However, as Wales are playing Scotland on Saturday it is not unreasonable to conclude the Nightingale hospital built on the Principality Stadium's pitch is no more. Furthermore there is a guy on here who is working on the replacement hospital who has indicated that it should be ready in early December. In the circumstances I don't think my guesswork is unreasonable do you?

I don't live in the area so you might have better information.
    Which match is at the principality on Saturday?

Which match is at the principality on Saturday?
    As I indicated Wales are playing Scotland at home. I presume it is at the Principality Stadium but, as I said, you might have better information.

As I indicated Wales are playing Scotland at home. I presume it is at the Principality Stadium but, as I said, you might have better information.
    All the matches up until the end of the year have been moved to Parc Y Scarlets

All the matches up until the end of the year have been moved to Parc Y Scarlets
    Thanks. It's difficult to establish whether there is anything of the Nightingale Hospital left. Some information is here but it's a month out of date:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...field-18875254