+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: No U turn on essential goods ban

Re: No U turn on essential goods ban

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Who knows, they keep changing their minds....
    Thank fook the politicians don't......

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Yes I am fortunate, and don't think I don't realise that.
    That's good to know, that should cheer you up in these difficult times

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    70000 pissed off people have signed this petition

What is the population of Wales?

3 million. And how many have caught Covid since the start of the pandemic 45,000.......out of 3million

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    70000 pissed off people have signed this petition

What is the population of Wales?
    Its not just people in Wales signing it.

Compare it to the petition in England on school meals.

Tory boy calls it an uprising the protest in Wales😂😂😂😂😂😂

Dont know what he will call the one backing Rashford and his petition against his beloved party.

Luckily the WAG are allowing our children in deprived areas their meals no thanks to the likes of Crabb though.

The likes of those in the red wall in the North are now seeing what they voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Wake up and smell the coffee. We have a government currently treating us all like idiots. They instil fear everyday with talk of death rates and saving lives, yet the facts say that since mid year the overall death rates are no different this year to last and that includes Covid.
    In March they prohibited travel over 5 miles with no evidence to back up the decision. Recently that prohibited travel outside authority boundaries, no evidence to back up the decision. These travel bans affected millions.
    They have introduced the latest lockdown with frightening speed and no consultation. They said it would last two weeks, but not so sure now. They haven't told us what's to happen on 9 Nov, not me not you not any business in Wales knows. I wonder iff the Government knows?
    They are taking away our freedom and liberties at a stroke and in my 75 years in this world I have never seen the public in Wales treated with so little respect by our leaders. They tell us that intensive care beds are full, not true. They say pubs and restaurants are safe and close them all. They tell us what we can and cannot buy as if we are infants, yet people have been frightened into submission and accept it. Doctors seem to have learned a lot about how to handle this virus our leaders very little. No doubt we will have another arbitrary lockdown in a month or two.
    I like most obey the rules, and all the basics like distancing , hygiene etc, but Im against blindly accepting rules and regulations on a whim unless there is evidence to back them up.
    70,000 people have signed the petition regarding non essential goods. At last some response from the public, but sadly little response from the Government. They obviously know best, as usual.
    That's the second time I've seen these claims being made on here. I searched, but couldn't find anything to back them up the first time around and, having done so again, I cannot find anything about "not sure now".

The Welsh Government website's frequently asked questions section on this has not been updated since Saturday;-

https://gov.wales/coronavirus-firebr...sked-questions

and says that the lockdown will end at one minute past midnight on 9 November. Here's the answer to the question "What will happen after Monday 9 November?";-

"Following the end of the firebreak, a new set of national rules will be introduced, covering how people can meet and how the public sector and businesses operate."

That's a statement which allows a fair bit of wriggle room, but I see no suggestion that the current lockdown is going to be extended beyond 9 November.

You wont find anything to back the claims up.

Not suprising either.

Surely they will have to lift the lock down on the 9th to see the effects based on not having a lock down and we will be over the awful l Halloween and Bonfire nights as well ,which must be a factor in this lock down period .

Not many businesses are aware of what happens on the 9th yet.

Stay close to twitter I say

"When we come out of this, our shops will reopen, people will go back to work, churches and places of worship will resume services, bars and restaurants will serve customers, people will be able to exercise and train in gyms."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51888681

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "When we come out of this, our shops will reopen, people will go back to work, churches and places of worship will resume services, bars and restaurants will serve customers, people will be able to exercise and train in gyms."

Of course they will.....

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Some will still say it's not clear enough or variations of "wait and see".

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Of course they will.....
    That's the quickest that anyone's ever proven my point... As I was literally writing it

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That's the quickest that anyone's ever proven my point... As I was literally writing it

International

Shall I speak to Alan when I see him and mention you personally about your conversations with him, Sean?

Because that's what we're debating - whether you've had any of these conversations with vendors yourself, not whether there have been reports on WalesOnline about Alan Griffiths, (the Chairman of the Cardiff Market Traders association) being unhappy.

Which, it just so happens is exactly where you've got your information from, you liar

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...s-18522610.amp

Another fake anecdote for xsnaggle.

Alan is my butcher, I talk to him lots. Just ask him what he thinks. I'm not a liar. I didn't even know he was anything to do with the market association., go and talk to him. He has been my butcher for years and we talk frequently.
    then you can stop calling me a liar and apologise. But its easy to do it behind a keyboard isn't it? Like a few others on here.

International

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Wales national lockdown in new year 'likely', says minister
    A second Wales-wide lockdown in the new year is looking increasingly likely, according to a Welsh Government minister.

Lee Waters, a deputy minister responsible for economy and transport, said the current firebreak was unlikely to be the last in Wales - with England "expected" to follow.

The Welsh Government had previously only gone as far as saying it "could not rule out" another lockdown.

The current national 17-day lockdown is due to be reviewed when it comes to an end on 9 November.
    TBW, I posted this earlier in the week after hilts suggested there was no intent to review. He never responded having previously said "No need for a link as there wont be one."
    I honestly hope and pray they do not extend it but I have an nasty feeling they might, even if only to hold on long enough for the figures to be looked at, which I understand takes about 3 weeks.

Heisenberg

Alan is my butcher, I talk to him lots. Just ask him what he thinks. I'm not a liar. I didn't even know he was anything to do with the market association., go and talk to him. He has been my butcher for years and we talk frequently.
    then you can stop calling me a liar and apologise. But its easy to do it behind a keyboard isn't it? Like a few others on here.
    Will do.

What about the guy selling veg (Jonathan Trott) who you also mentioned I should speak to (who just so happens to appear in the same story I linked to last night)? Is he your long-term veg provider too?

You didn't happen to speak to any traders in the centre of Cardiff who didn't give their opinion to Wales Online the day before you started the thread "Cardiff Council are killing the City" by any chance?

Absolutely full of shit, just like your closing the pubs nonsense. Do you know what's very easy to do behind a keyboard, 'snags? Lie.

International

Will do.

What about the guy selling veg (Jonathan Trott) who you also mentioned I should speak to (who just so happens to appear in the same story I linked to last night)? Is he your long-term veg provider too?

You didn't happen to speak to any traders in the centre of Cardiff who didn't give their opinion to Wales Online the day before you started the thread "Cardiff Council are killing the City" by any chance?

Absolutely full of shit, just like your closing the pubs nonsense. Do you know what's very easy to do behind a keyboard, 'snags? Lie.
    I only know the veg man because I used his stall when it was opposite alan's. (It wasn't actually his but he ran it. He moved because the owner decide to start running it himself) He has moved to near the fish stall only recently. Just go and talk to Alan and stop trying to be a smart arse and attempting to prove something you cannot prove.
    Well you are not doing what you said you'd do. Go and talk to him. I don't tell lies. No point.

I don't care who talks to Alan, they'll all get the same response, just as I did.

TBW, I posted this earlier in the week after hilts suggested there was no intent to review. He never responded having previously said "No need for a link as there wont be one."
    I honestly hope and pray they do not extend it but I have an nasty feeling they might, even if only to hold on long enough for the figures to be looked at, which I understand takes about 3 weeks.
    I didnt reply as there is nothing from anyone from the WAG saying the lockdown isnt ending on 9/11.

In fact they keep saying it will end.

Youve provided an article where the journo says it will be reviewed on 9/11. Of course there will be a review. They are not saying the review is to see whether we come out of lockdown.

If youve got direct links to quotes from anyone from the WAG saying its not necessarily ending on 9/11 provide them because I cant find anything.

Looking at the incredibly bad figures from Mountain Ash Penrhiwceiber and Abercynon. Ceiber I do worry what might happen in RCT.

Heisenberg

I only know the veg man because I used his stall when it was opposite alan's. (It wasn't actually his but he ran it. He moved because the owner decide to start running it himself) He has moved to near the fish stall only recently. Just go and talk to Alan and stop trying to be a smart arse and attempting to prove something you cannot prove.
    Well you are not doing what you said you'd do. Go and talk to him. I don't tell lies. No point.

I don't care who talks to Alan, they'll all get the same response, just as I did.
    How am I not doing what I said I'd do? I'll absolutely go and speak to Alan after lockdown when I go to pick up some produce.

I'm also giving you the chance to look like less of a bullshitter by telling me who else you have supposedly spoken to about these issues who haven't publicised them for everyone to see? Saying that you've spoken to two people in Cardiff Market who were both quoted in an article the day before you started a thread about these issues seems a bit too coincidental to be true, don't you think?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I didnt reply as there is nothing from anyone from the WAG saying the lockdown isnt ending on 9/11.

In fact they keep saying it will end.

Youve provided an article where the journo says it will be reviewed on 9/11. Of course there will be a review. They are not saying the review is to see whether we come out of lockdown.

If youve got direct links to quotes from anyone from the WAG saying its not necessarily ending on 9/11 provide them because I cant find anything.

Looking at the incredibly bad figures from Mountain Ash Penrhiwceiber and Abercynon. Ceiber I do worry what might happen in RCT.
    I believe the comment that it will be reviewed on 9 Nov came from government. At least that is what is inferred in the article. Don't misunderstand me, I want it to end and hope it does, and if it doesn't I won't be saying "I told you so". I am just fearful it may not and that the public will react badly to that.
    The actual lockdown isn't affecting me at all.

Heisenberg

I believe the comment that it will be reviewed on 9 Nov came from government. At least that is what is inferred in the article.
    No it's not. Everything that came from the Govt. is in quotes. The review comment isn't.

As Hilts has already said, of course it will be reviewed after it ends - they can't review how a 2 week lockdown went before it has finished.

Gethin stated at the Press Conference yesterday, when asked, that the firebreak will end on 9 November come what may.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Gethin stated at the Press Conference yesterday, when asked, that the firebreak will end on 9 November come what may.
    And the next one will start on November 10th

Has he left the chips shop open, I wouldn't want him to starve

International

How am I not doing what I said I'd do? I'll absolutely go and speak to Alan after lockdown when I go to pick up some produce.

I'm also giving you the chance to look like less of a bullshitter by telling me who else you have supposedly spoken to about these issues who haven't publicised them for everyone to see? Saying that you've spoken to two people in Cardiff Market who were both quoted in an article the day before you started a thread about these issues seems a bit too coincidental to be true, don't you think?
    The only way you will find out if what I said is right is to go and speak to people yourself. You did say you'd be there today.
    I really am bored with you now. Either go and talk to the man or don't. It's simple. Then you will know one way or the other. I'm out!!

Heisenberg

The only way you will find out if what I said is right is to go and speak to people yourself. You did say you'd be there today.
    I really am bored with you now. Either go and talk to the man or don't. It's simple. Then you will know one way or the other. I'm out!!
    These were the posts which said I'd go and speak to vendors/traders...

"Sure... no problem. Which shops shall I go into once they've reopened and ask for their thoughts on Castle Street closures?"
    "In case you missed it, I responded to this post and am willing to take you up on your offer. I'll be in town anyway at some point in the near future so it's no skin off my nose.

Which vendors do I need to speak to? The burden of proof is on you now, xsnaggle, as I'm calling your bluff."
    "Shall I speak to Alan when I see him and mention you personally about your conversations with him, Sean?

Because that's what we're debating - whether you've had any of these conversations with vendors yourself, not whether there have been reports on WalesOnline about Alan Griffiths, (the Chairman of the Cardiff Market Traders association) being unhappy.

Which, it just so happens is exactly where you've got your information from, you liar

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...s-18522610.amp

Another fake anecdote for xsnaggle.
    "Will do.

Where did I say I'd be going today? This lying lark is becoming a bit of a habit now.

I'm now basically agreeing to go to the market and ask two traders who have said publicly that their trade has been effected... before you posted about speaking to traders that said the exact same thing to you

Did you speak to anyone who wasn't in the article I posted, 'snags? Not a difficult question, is it?